About Houston-Galveston Area Council
The Houston-Galveston Area Council is one of the largest regional planning commissions in the country with a diverse service area of 13 counties and more than 7 million people. We are the pulse of our region addressing issues that cross city limits and county lines every single day.
We make decisions that affect our transportation system, ensure the safety and well-being or our seniors, connect people to jobs, help families recover from natural disasters, preserve water quality for our children, and so much more. We work to make the region a great place to live, work, and thrive.
What will I be doing?
- Take the lead on planning projects that improve mobility, safety, multimodal connections, and economic development throughout the region, focusing on the needs of our vulnerable populations
- Responsible for leading development and execution of the Gulf Coast Regionally Coordinated Transportation Plan to provide greater efficiency and close gaps in public transportation in our region
- Develop and execute transit-focused transportation plans, policy recommendations, and investment priorities that garner broad stakeholder and public support
- Provide professional and timely feedback to a variety of audiences
- Experience in the development of scopes of work, contracting processes, data analysis, public input, management of consultant teams, review of invoices and reports, in the implementation of transportation planning studies consistent with federal, state, and local requirements
- Team player, with an “all hands on deck” attitude, who is passionate about doing whatever it takes to improve quality of life for our citizens
- Strong project management, communication and presentation skills are crucial for success in this role
Do you have…
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable academic discipline or related field of study
- 5 years of experience working with local government, nonprofit programs, school or in job related duties
- Experience in urban or regional or transportation planning, monitoring and reporting
- Thorough knowledge of transit planning and operations, transportation and land use planning, policies, regulations and best management practices
- Experience in transit-focused transportation or mobility planning
- Ability to plan and effectively manage complex, long-term projects
Equal Opportunity Employer