Principal Planner - Regional Transportation Plan
About Houston-Galveston Area Council
The Houston-Galveston Area Council is one of the largest regional planning commissions in the country with a diverse service area of 13 counties and more than 7 million people. We are the pulse of our region addressing issues that cross city limits and county lines every single day.
We make decisions that affect our transportation system, ensure the safety and well-being of our seniors, connect people to jobs, help families recover from natural disasters, preserve water quality for our children, and so much more. We work to make the region a great place to live, work, and thrive.
What will I be doing?
- Lead the implementation and coordination of the Regional Transportation Plan for the Metropolitan Planning Organization, which identifies long-term transportation needs of the region, including freight, transit, non-motorized, safety, resiliency, emerging technologies, and evacuation.
- Identify and grow opportunities that streamline Regional Transportaion Plan recommendations into H-GAC processes, programs and policies.
- Coordinate planning projects that improve data efficiency, mobility, safety, multimodal connections, community livability and economic development throughout the region and in accordance with the Regional Transportation Plan.
- Lead efforts to expedite project development of federally funded highway, transit, bike/pedestrian and other projects selected by the Transportation Policy Council.
- Assist with the maintenance the integrity of H-GAC transportation planning project information database.
- Develop committee and Policy Council meeting materials including background papers and compelling presentations in support of project programming and delivery efforts.
- Experience in development and execution of regional, sub-regional, corridor, access management plans, transportation and land use analysis, policy recommendations, and investment priorities that garner broad stakeholder and public support.
- Experience in the data analysis, public input, management of consultant teams, transportation finance and funding sources, review of invoices and reports, and implementation of transportation planning studies consistent with federal, state, and local requirements.
- Experience with transportation planning funds and maintaining fiscal constraint for long range plans.
- Someone that demonstrates strong team work, an “all hands on deck” attitude and are passionate about doing whatever it takes to improve the quality of life for our citizens
- Experience demonstrating strong project management, communication and presentation skills are crucial for success in this role. You must be able provide professional and timely feedback to a variety of audiences.
Do you have…
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable academic discipline or related field of study
- 5 years of experience working with local government, nonprofit programs, school or in job related duties
H-GAC is an equal opportunity/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Principal Planner - Regional Transportation Plan
Employment Duration: Full time
Salary Range: $76,126.00 - $142,052.00