Under the direction and policy guidance of the Board of Directors, this position is responsible for the organization and operation of the agency and the full scope of its programs, systems, and activities. The Executive Director shall direct, plan, coordinate and implement effective program strategies according to the funding sources' rules and guidelines to benefit the nine-county region's overall good.
EXAMPLES OF SPECIFIC WORK PERFORMED
Within the context of these general duties, the position could involve the execution of any or all of the following duties and tasks:
• Implement the necessary strategies to accomplish Board goals.
• Organizing and overseeing the management of administrative systems, such as personnel, finance, procurement, and contracting;
• Overseeing the management of the agency’s operating programs and departments;
• Managing the agency’s relations with outside institutions, agencies, and programs;
• Representing the agency and the region in local, state, national, and international forums; and
• Organizing and carrying out meetings of the Council and its Board of Directors, including preparing and delivering analytical reports, as required for the definition and development of agency policy on internal and external issues of concern to the region.
• Perform program analysis of all funded programs.
• Establish initial and long-range goals and objectives for the review and approval of the board.
• Development of budgets, plans, systems, policies, and procedures.
• Develop internal operational policies and systems for staff and assist in developing policies and procedures for Board operation and organization.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Determined at the discretion of the Board of Directors.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
Ability to work independently and creatively. Knowledgeable and experienced in local government structure, function, and responsibilities. Knowledgeable in the legislative process (State and Federal) Knowledgeable in the workforce, economic, and business development. Knowledgeable in regional Council of Governments responsibilities and functions.
In-region and out-of-region travel with overnight lodging will be required.
Application Deadline: November 15, 2023 at 5:00pm CST
Applications available at: ww.workintexas.com or www.mrgdc.org
Completed application will be emailed to The Honorable Bella Rubio
Attention Bella A. Rubio
Real County Judge
P.O. Box 446
146 Highway 83 South
Leakey, TX 78873-0446