About Houston-Galveston Area Council
The Houston-Galveston Area Council is one of the largest regional planning commissions in the country with a diverse service area of 13 counties and more than 7 million people. We are the pulse of our region addressing issues that cross city limits and county lines every single day.
We make decisions that affect our transportation system, ensure the safety and well-being of our seniors, connect people to jobs, help families recover from natural disasters, preserve water quality for our children, and so much more. We work to make the region a great place to live, work, and thrive.
What will I be doing?
- Responsible for providing fiscal oversight to various projects, programs, and grants
- Maintain accurate accounting records per standard policy, procedure, and protocol and work with various stakeholders by providing information and reports
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and working with various accounting software
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications to include, including Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint
Do you have…
- Bachelor’s degree with an internship in an applicable academic discipline or related field of study
- 3 years of experience working with local government, nonprofit programs, human service, or in similar job-related duties
H-GAC is an equal opportunity/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer