AACOG’s Bexar Area Agency on Aging (BAAA) serves the City of San Antonio and Bexar County. For services in the rural counties outside of Bexar County, visit the Alamo Area Agency on Aging.
The Bexar Area Agency on Aging is dedicated to building a community that supports older residents and allows them to age in place with dignity, security, and enhanced quality of life. The range of services provided includes:
- Benefits Counseling – Provides assistance to seniors 60 years of age and older and Medicare beneficiaries of any age concerning their public benefits and entitlements
- Care Coordination – Assesses the needs of people 60 years of age and older and then coordinates local resources to support an individual’s highest level of functioning
- Caregiver Support – Assesses needs of caregivers and then coordinates available support services
- Information, Referral, and Assistance – Provides information and assistance to callers to identify and link with the appropriate service agencies
- Nutrition – Serves nourishing meals on site and/or delivered to home-bound seniors
- Ombudsman – Advocates for residents of long-term care facilities
- Senior Centers – Local neighborhood facilities providing organization and provision of support services and recreational and group activities for the older person
- Transportation – Offers door-to-door trips to nutrition sites, local medical services, and social service agency appointments
Alamo Service Connection
BAAA operates the Alamo Service Connection (ASC). The ASC has an extensive database with information about Medicare, Social Security, legal aid, housing assistance, home repairs, residential support services, assistance with household expenses, and access to transportation services.