On behalf of the Texas Association of Area Agencies on Aging, Texas Health and Human Services Commission & the Texas Association of Regional Councils
Welcome to the
Continuing on our growth from past conferences and emphasizing the benefits of keeping seniors involved and engaged within their communities, we are thrilled to have you join us for this virtual conference to learn how we can take aging to the next level.
As older Texans continue to live longer, healthier lives, it takes the commitment of everyone in the aging community from providers to professionals to ensure the state’s seniors continue to live with dignity and participate fully in life. The 2021 AiTC will focus on ways professionals within the aging services community can incorporate best practices and innovative programming to reinforce Texas’ strength in collaboration by promoting connectivity and partnership to assist our state’s growing senior population.
It is truly through a compassionate, caring, and educated workforce and public that we can take on tomorrow’s aging today!
Posting to social media? Be sure to tag us! #AiTC2021
A Message from the President
On behalf of the 2021 Aging in Texas Conference Planning Committee, I want to thank you for joining the Virtual AiTC! In addition to seeing familiar faces and meeting new aging professionals from across Texas, our goal is for you to wrap up your week with tips, tools and ideas that will not only assist you in serving our state’s seniors but offer fresh, innovative programming to you up-to-date on the best ways to keep seniors active, healthy and connected to the world around them. Thank you for your support of our virtual conference and we hope you find immense value during your time at AiTC 2021!
–Curtis Cooper, President, Texas Association of Area Agencies on Aging
Wednesday, August 4, 2021
- Conference Welcome & Keynote Address 11:30 am to 12:50 pm
- Breakout Sessions 1:00 pm to 4:50 pm
- 2021 AiTC Awards Ceremony with Special Guest Kim Schenck, Associate Commissioner, Access & Eligibility Services, Texas Health & Human Services Commission 5:00 pm to 5:30 pm
Thursday, August 5, 2021
- Rise & Shine with Haley Henderson sponsored by Superior Healthplan 9:00 am to 9:20 am
- Breakout Sessions 9:30 am to 12:20 pm
- Breakout Sessions 2:00 pm to 4:50 pm
Friday, August 6, 2021
- Rise & Shine with Haley Henderson sponsored by Acadia 9:00 am to 9:20 am
- Breakout Sessions 9:30 am to 10:20 am
- Conference Closing & Keynote Address 10:30 am to 12:00 pm
Available Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Continuing education units (CEUs) are available for attendees at the Aging in Texas Conference.
All sessions are eligible for CEUs for the following fields:
- This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the University of North Texas Health Science Center, and Texas Association of Regional Councils.
- The University of North Texas Health Science Center is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The University of North Texas Health Science Center designates this live activity for a maximum of 10.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- The University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. This activity provides up to 10.25 contact hour(s).
- Public Health Professionals
- This activity is approved for 10.25 credit(s) accepted by the National Board of Public Health Examiners’ Certified Public Health (CPH) recertification program.
- Licensed Professional Counselors
- University of North Texas Health Science Center certifies that this meets the requirements for continuing education under Texas Administrative Code. This activity provides 10.25 CEU credits.
- Social Workers
- This activity is approved for a maximum of 10.25 Clock Hours for Social Workers.
- This activity is approved for up to XX Psychology Professional Development 10.25 hours in Texas.
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists
- This activity is approved for up to 10.25 professional continuing education hours for Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists in Texas.
- Participation Credit
- The University of North Texas Health Science Center certifies this activity for 10.25 hours of participation.
None of this would be possible without sponsor support. Please be sure to go check out our Sponsor page to learn more.