The goal of this position is to perform data analysis necessary to meet agency regional planning objectives of local and regional workforce programs. This is accomplished through an understanding of demographic, economic, and development data along with the tools and techniques necessary for investigation of the data. Participation, convening and coordination with local and state officials, regional groups and stakeholders are necessary to accomplish short and long term planning support for the department. Other duties include completing departmentally specific projects and serving as an Agency and Workforce Department representative.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide tailored market information to ensure all provisions and consultations needs are met.
- Provide data-driven decision-making support by researching, evaluating and analyzing a multitude of qualitative and quantitative sources to identify workforce trends impacting the organization, region and customers.
- Support decision-making and maximize the organization’s impact by educating staff of potential service gaps through comparison of internal performance with regional demographic and workforce trends.
- Provide economic analysis, technical information and synthesizes research findings into best practices and guidelines to assist in the development of reports, policies, nominations, grant proposals, etc.
- Respond to all data requests by defining questions and methodology for surveys, statistical studies, interviews and focus groups to collect data about our customer’s needs.
- Reviews and analyzes the impact of legislation, regulations, and policies to anticipate organizational impacts. Supports internal policy development through research activities and process management.
- Conducts futures thinking (scenario planning, trend forecasting, data/trend analysis, and strategic foresight and/or futurism methodologies) to ensure organizational preparedness, relevancy, and resiliency.
- Supports data visualization by producing reports and delivering presentations to communicate data points, labor market trends, initiatives and organizational value through visual infographics and compelling professional-level presentations.
- Ensures information is complete and accurate; follows up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
- Works with and helps others to accomplish objectives.
- Approaches a complex task or problem by breaking it down into parts and considers each part in detail.
- Plans and organizes work activities; manages several tasks at once.
- Negotiates adjustments in timelines and/or scope of work, when appropriate. Consults with supervisor to determine priorities if necessary.
- Uses expertise to provide action-planning and recommendations around findings from evaluations of projects.
Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years related experience.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee’s authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Job postings are kept open for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may close anytime thereafter at the discretion of the hiring manager.
NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer/program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other classifications covered under federal, state, or local laws. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and national criminal background check in order to receive an employment offer from NCTCOG.