- Provides direct support to the Policy, Planning, and Public Affairs unit of the Workforce Development Department.
- Assist in coordination and planning of events, conferences, seminars, and workshops.
- Provides support for website and social media platforms establishing presence on social media sites, including posting approved broadcast messages.
- Gather and analyzes cost and product information.
- Assist with conducting marketing research.
- Prepares organizational publications, news, and informational press releases.
- Composes, reviews, edits, and rewrites technical documents, materials and reports to improve readability.
- Detects and corrects grammar as it relates to spelling, punctuation, and syntax.
- Verifies facts, dates, and statistics, using standard reverence sources.
- Confers with staff to determine material to be developed for publication.
- Prepares correspondence, reports, surveys, and questionnaires.
- Prepares documents for printing.
- Maintains mailing lists for distribution of publications.
- Provides support to the North Central Texas Workforce Development Board of Directors (Board) by providing customer service to the Board members, processing membership information, and organizing Board meeting activities.
- Maintains Board member database and records.
- Ensures accurate minutes of meetings are recorded, transcribed, approved and distributed.
- Work may involve additional internal administrative support work activities.
Must be attending an accredited college or university during employment. Appropriate certification may be awarded upon satisfactory completion of advanced study or training. No Experience Required.
Preferred graduate from an accredited four-year college or university with a major in journalism, public relations, advertising, communications, or related field. Preferred experience in technical writing, journalism, public relations, strategic communications, media relations, marketing, and editorial work. Strong computer and internet research skills, superior writing skills and excellent verbal communication, flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination and organizational skills, sensitivity to confidential matters.
NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer/program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other classifications covered under federal, state, or local laws. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and national criminal background check in order to receive an employment offer from NCTCOG.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee’s authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Job postings are kept open for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may close anytime thereafter at the discretion of the hiring manager.
Arlington, Texas, United States
16.00 – 16.00 USD
Equal Opportunity Employer