Workforce Development Engagement Coordinator will be responsible for building cross-agency partnerships by engaging potential stakeholders, primarily educational partners, at the regional and local level, promoting a shared vision, goals, and plans that define the roles and responsibilities of all partners. Will act as a convener and intermediary to coordinate day-to-day collaboration and clarify the working relationship between partners around specific industries to address the workforce needs of employers and the training, employment, and career advancement needs of workers.
- Develop, cultivate and nurture a robust blend of collaborative educational partnerships to find efficient, innovative and realistic strategies to address common workforce development needs.
- Initiate and oversee the development of career and workforce programs by working with stakeholders and supporting the implementation of the initiatives sponsored by WSNCT or partners to promote workforce development.
- Serve as WSNCT liaison to career and technical education groups and develop partnerships with external agencies, including business and industry, high schools and post-secondary instruction and other appropriate organizations by conducting outreach activities and serving as liaison with educational partners to increase awareness of WSNCT tools, programs, and offerings available to educational partners and community-based organizations.
- Develop fact sheets, legislative summaries, and talking points, contribute to reports and publications and draft other stakeholder correspondence and communications by monitoring legislative affairs that may have institutional impact on the delivery of workforce education, and develop engagement strategies as appropriate.
- Assist in the development and submission of funding proposals, assuring proper completion of grant funding requirements and completion of required documentation through technical assistance, and fundraising efforts.
- Facilitate/participate in joint initiatives between various governmental and private industry training, educational partners, and community-based organizations to secure funding and serve the needs of WSNCT priorities. Recommend new engagement opportunities and implement best practices for future partnerships and activities.
- Serve as an alternative resource to provide economic analysis, technical information and synthesize research finding into best practices as well as assist in the development and management of internal policies, reports, nominations, grant proposals, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Software
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to manage multiple projects and quickly react to changing business needs while meeting firm deadlines
- Ability to time manage effectively and keep on top of education and workforce trends
- Personal pride in producing output at high quality
- Ability to be a good team player with a collaborative approach
- Ability to work independently and with minimal direction
- Strong communication skills to articulate persuasively and clearly about the organization’s mission, value and initiatives
Bachelor’s degree and 3 years related work experience.
NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and national criminal background check in order to receive an employment offer from NCTCOG.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee’s authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Job postings are kept open for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may close anytime thereafter at the discretion of the hiring manager.
Job Location: Arlington, Texas, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Equal Opportunity Employer