The North Central Council of Governments is seeking a self-motivated Workforce Development Solutions Analyst to become an integral part of its Workforce Development team. Primarily, prospective candidates will oversee the programming and implementation of software solutions utilizing Laserfiche Enterprise software that support the required functions of Workforce Development staff and designated partner agencies, work closely with subject matter experts and program managers to determine technical project requirements, analyze business needs and requirements to design and implement new solutions, create and manage project plans/timelines, implement new features within internally developed applications, oversee the testing of internally developed software/applications, monitor Laserfiche Workflows to ensure continuous operation of business critical processes and integrations, analyze performance of Workflows to ensure optimal processing of data, create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, provide post-implementation support for Laserfiche solutions (including troubleshooting, maintenance and training), and train designated users to effectively utilize applicable applications.
Additionally, prospective candidates will provide support in the analysis, evaluation, interpretation, and management of Workforce Development data. Specifically, prospective candidates will identify critical metrics and make recommendations on what data to collect, develop customized databases and spreadsheets that match the requirements/needs communicated by staff and stakeholders, assist with the department’s data integrity efforts, prepare performance reports/dashboards to serve as summary information for staff and stakeholders to make informed decisions.
Also, this position is responsible for functioning as the backup System Administrator for multiple applications utilized by staff and various stakeholders, ensure that all system users sign all required information security documents on an annual basis, as well as provide technical assistance/help desk support to system/application users.
Finally, prospective candidates should be comfortable with reporting on a wide range of topics and have the ability to collaborate on various projects with multiple departments within the agency and partner agency groups.
- Exceptional computer skills
- Exceptional problem-solving skills with the ability to appropriately resolve user and system issues.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders at all levels, guide and lead others, and provide direction.
- Highly organized and the ability to effectively and efficiently manage multiple priorities.
- Strong analytical and critical-thinking skills
- Flowcharting and workflow/process development skills.
- Ability to lead and collaborate with internal, external, and multi-disciplinary teams.
- High attention to detail and adherence to strict deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-5 years related work experience.
- 2+ years previous experience working on information technology or business project teams and in obtaining customer requirements and other analysis activities.
- 2+ years with experience managing projects of medium to large scope and complexity.
- Basic understanding of Project Management fundamentals
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and project management tracking tools.
- 2+ years previous experience with data analysis.
NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer/program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other classifications covered under federal, state, or local laws. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and national criminal background check in order to receive an employment offer from NCTCOG.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee’s authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Job postings are kept open for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may close anytime thereafter at the discretion of the hiring manager.
Job Location: Arlington, Texas, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Equal Opportunity Employer