- Job Description
The Transportation Department of the North Central Texas Council of Governments is seeking an entry- or mid-level Transportation Planner to support the Transportation Safety Program. This position will participate in the development and implementation of regional transportation safety coordination efforts and initiatives. This posting is for the mid-level Transportation Planner II position. Applicants wishing to be considered for this position should apply online at https://mycogcareer.silkroad.com/. To be considered for the entry-level Transportation Planner I position or any other NCTCOG position that may currently be open, applicants need to apply online separately for those postings. All submittals should include a cover letter summarizing work experience, as well as a current resume.NCTCOG is recognized as a military-friendly employer and values the knowledge, experience, and skills acquired during your military service career. All qualified veterans are invited to apply.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Collecting, processing, maintaining, and analyzing regional safety data
- Assisting with regional and federal safety performance development, tracking, and reporting requirements
- Assisting with the development of a Strategic Regional Roadway Safety Plan
- Assisting with the oversight of regional systemic and systematic safety improvement funding program activities
- Assisting with the oversight, analysis and monitoring of the Wrong Way Driving Mitigation Project and
- Intersection Safety Improvement Program countermeasure effectiveness
- Assisting with the oversight of regional aspects of the Mobility Assistance Patrol Program (MAPP) including data collection and budget coordination
- Coordinating efforts related to the Regional Safety Advisory Committee and safety projects, initiatives and data requests
- Coordinating with regional partners and the public to promote transportation safety related activities and initiatives
- Compiling and maintaining databases and spreadsheets while ensuring data accuracy
- Producing and interpreting charts, maps, plots, and reports
- Utilizing Geographical Information Systems (GIS) software
- Developing and delivering presentations at technical committee and/or public meetings
- Drafting memorandums, letters, documentation, progress reports, articles, and final reports
- Proficient in Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access and Excel
- Experience using ESRI GIS software
- Experience using SQL is desired
- Prior experience working with safety-related data including crash data and/or crash reports is strongly desired
- Analytical, critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Must be detail-oriented, organized and fast learner, with the ability to multi-task
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to coordinate and communicate effectively with other team members
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to create, maintain, and manipulate databases, maps, queries, and tables
- Ability to work independently and in time-sensitive situations
- Bachelor’s degree in analytical, quantitative methods
- At least one year of job-related experienceSalary
Minimum of $48,278.00 annually
The North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) is a voluntary association of, by and for local governments, and was established to assist local governments in planning for common needs, cooperating for mutual benefit, and coordinating for sound regional development. NCTCOG’s purpose is to strengthen both the individual and collective power of local governments and to help them recognize regional opportunities, eliminate unnecessary duplication, and make joint decisions. Since 1974, the North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) has served as the Metropolitan Planning Organization for transportation in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metropolitan Area and is responsible for developing transportation plans and programs that address the complex needs of the rapidly growing area. The planning area for transportation includes the 12 counties of Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Hood, Hunt, Johnson, Kaufman, Parker, Rockwall, Tarrant, and Wise.
The agency offers generous benefits, a friendly atmosphere with open communications for cooperative decision making, and challenging opportunities. The environment encourages both individual and team growth, responsibility and innovation.
NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer/program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other classifications covered under federal, state, or local laws. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and national criminal background check in order to receive an employment offer from NCTCOG.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee’s authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Job postings are kept open for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may close anytime thereafter at the discretion of the hiring manager.
ARLINGTON, United States
Equal Opportunity Employer