Summary of Position:
This is an unpaid administrative and communications internship position. The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to providing administrative support to the Health and Human Services program through daily activities of the association in relation to the Area Agencies on Aging (AAAs); serving as an assistant in all health and human services projects and meetings as needed including the Aging in Texas Conference; and managing health and human services project materials, equipment, and supplies. The ideal applicant will be detail-oriented and well-organized with a positive, friendly attitude.
Required Abilities and Skills:
Ability to: Communicate courteously and professionally in writing and verbally; Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; understand and follow instructions; maintain confidentiality and work with sensitive information.
Skills: Assist with the coordination and planning of the Aging in Texas Conference with strong organizational skills, attention to detail and handle multiple tasks and tight deadlines; communicate effectively both orally and in writing; use computer software to maximize efficiency of document production; proof documents for accuracy; draft business correspondence; work in both independent and team environments, work independently with minimal supervision.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent; can be completing further education; any experience in public service, communications, and/or customer service preferred.
Ability to work a mix of in-person and remote 10-15 hours a week. Occasional travel is required. Applicant must hold a valid driver’s license and be able to drive or have alternate means of transportation. Occasional early morning and/or evening work may be required.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following
- Provide administrative support to the Health and Human Services Coordinator to plan for and carry out duties related to the Aging in Texas Conference:
- Develop communication and track data related to sponsors, exhibitors, speakers, and attendees;
- Assist with developing conference marketing materials for distribution via email, social media and other communication methods, as needed;
- Help with conference technical assistance for sponsors, exhibitors, speakers, and attendees;
- Assist with updates of the WordPress based website; and
- Attend and be available as needed at conference location to provide general support.
- Other tasks may include:
- Assist with planning and preparing for membership meetings and webinars, including member and attendee communications;
- Development and maintenance of contact lists, and databases;
- Organize and assemble special correspondence for AAA Network, Council of Government Executive Directors or TARC Board of Directors;
- Assist with providing technical assistance to TARC members;
- Draft member updates and other stakeholder communications, as needed;
- Utilize Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, and WordPress to perform essential duties;
- Other duties as assigned.
To apply please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Intern applications will be accepted until position is filled. TARC is an equal opportunity employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer