Enthusiastic individual to perform moderately complex (journey-level) systems support work. Work involves providing customer support for agency information technology systems and operating automated office equipment in a stand-alone, network or mainframe environment. May train others. Works under general supervision, with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the support of tickets issued from the internal helpdesk ticket system and supports the IT staff in the day to day operations.
- Provides customer service and answers end user inquiries regarding computer software, hardware operation, the use and interface of systems and software applications.
- Responsible for maintaining, analyzing, trouble shooting, repairing, installing or replacement of computer desktops, laptops and other agency equipment
- Sets up equipment for employee use (i.e. laptops, projectors) and performs or ensures proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software for internal and external meetings.
- Maintains necessary security controls over hardware, software and any BVCOG equipment.
- Maintains records of daily data communication transactions, problems, remedial actions taken, and installation activities.
- Assist on the development of training manuals and procedures, trains users in the proper use of hardware or software.
- Maintain direct communication with IT Director of activities occurring within IT department;
- On-call and weekend/holiday work required when necessary. Travel to offsite locations when necessary.
- Work as a team member with other staff members to assist in all Council activities for the overall benefit of the Council, as assigned;
- Perform with due diligence any and all other duties as may be assigned by the IT Director and/or Senior IT staff.
Associate’s degree in Computer Maintenance/Administration, or a related field, two years of computer systems support experience, or any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Must have general knowledge of Desktop Computers and Network Environments, installation and maintenance of Computer hardware and software. Experience in supporting multiple agencies, deployment, development, maintenance activities, and different Operating Systems and distributions of Linux a plus, but not required. Knowledge of geographic information systems (GIS) helpful. Ability to work successfully and maintain composure in stressful situations with minimal supervision is required. Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with local, state, and federal officials, staff, and the private sector, as needed.
To apply, please contact Dorothy Walker (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a resume and cover letter.
Equal Opportunity Employer