Houston-Galveston Area Council Overview
Serving more than 7 million people in our region, the Houston Galveston Area Council is the cornerstone to address issues that cross city limits and county lines every day for 13 county governments, 107 cities, and 11 school districts. Serving as an instrument of local government cooperation, promoting the region’s orderly development and the safety and welfare of its citizens; our planning and service programs span a broad spectrum from transportation and homeland security planning to workforce development, assistance to the elderly, 9-1-1 service, watershed protection, and disaster recovery.
The Houston-Galveston Area Council is seeking a SharePoint Analyst to join our Data Services team. The Data Services Department is the information technology arm of H-GAC and manages IT Infrastructures, system operations, security, network, and telecommunications. The primary purpose of this position is to maintain and support our SharePoint 2016 on-premise and SharePoint Online environments and provide end user support within our SharePoint environment. The SharePoint Analyst will serve as an integral part of the team by developing the SharePoint environment for increased efficiency, user adoption, and satisfaction. The candidate will provide daily guidance and expertise to end users by investigating and resolving technical and design issues. This individual will also perform SharePoint system administration duties to ensure optimal system performance with minimal downtime.
The successful candidate will have at a minimum:
- Associate degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a similar discipline. Applicable experience may substitute for education.
- 1 year of experience with SharePoint 2013/2016 and/or SharePoint online.
- 1 year of experience in system administration duties.
- Demonstratable experience with forms and workflows, application development, or coding projects.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage projects and report status updates on a regular basis.
- Ability to communicate effectively to a wide audience, conduct presentations, and meet deadlines.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a similar discipline.
- 3 years of experience in SharePoint 2013/2016 and SharePoint online.
- Working knowledge of SQL Server 2010/13/16, MS Office, MS Windows Server 2012/2016
Apply online via: https://h-gac.com/careers
H-GAC is an equal opportunity/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer