Job Grade: 6
Serving more than 7 million people in our region, the Houston-Galveston Area Council is the cornerstone to address issues that cross city limits and county lines every day. H-GAC is made up of 13 county governments, 107 cities, and 11 school districts. H-GAC prides itself in serving as an instrument of local government cooperation, promoting the region’s orderly development and the safety and welfare of its citizens.
The Houston-Galveston Area Council is seeking a SharePoint Analyst to join our Data Services team. The Data Services Department is the information technology arm of H-GAC and manages IT Infrastructures, system operations, security, network, and telecommunications. The primary purpose of this position is to maintain and support our SharePoint 2016 on-premise and SharePoint Online environments. The SharePoint Analyst will serve as an integral part of the team by developing the SharePoint environment for increased efficiency, user adoption, and satisfaction. The candidate will provide daily guidance and expertise to end users by investigating and resolving technical and design issues. This individual will also perform SharePoint system administration duties to ensure optimal system performance and minimal downtime.
The successful candidate will have at a minimum:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems
- Applicable experience may substitute for education
- Three (3) years’ experience in SharePoint 2013/2016 and SharePoint online
- Proven ability to develop forms, workflows, UI customization, and other front-end development
- Proficiency in system administration duties
- Experience in managing projects and reporting status updates on a regular basis
- Ability to communicate effectively to a wide audience, conduct presentations, and meet deadlines
Preferred qualifications include:
- Five (5) years’ experience in SharePoint 2013/2016 and SharePoint online.
- Strong working knowledge of SQL Server 2010/13/16, MS Office, MS Windows Server 2012/2016
Apply online via: https://h-gac.com/careers
H-GAC is an equal opportunity/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or protected veteran status.