About Houston-Galveston Area Council
The Houston-Galveston Area Council is one of the largest regional planning commissions in the country with a diverse service area of 13 counties and more than 7 million people. We are the pulse of our region addressing issues that cross city limits and county lines every single day.
We make decisions that affect our transportation system, ensure the safety and well-being or our seniors, connect people to jobs, help families recover from natural disasters, preserve water quality for our children, and so much more. We work to make the region a great place to live, work, and thrive.
What will I be doing?
- Perform duties related to 9-1-1 equipment maintenance and network call routing and system analysis work
- Perform preventive maintenance on 9-1-1 telecommunication systems, associated software and hardware, and peripheral equipment
- Maintain records of system performance and operations
- Prepare material requests and time requirements for 9-1-1 telecommunications equipment
- Assist in the planning and preparation for 9-1-1 telecommunications equipment and network upgrades and/or replacement
- Investigate and resolve problems concerning the operation of 9-1-1 call handling equipment and telecommunications systems
- Troubleshoot, repair, test, install, customize, or maintain 9-1-1 telecommunications components and implements corrective measures
- Monitor the operation of voice, data, or video telecommunications equipment and network
- Perform system moves and changes internally or via remote access and provides technical expertise
- Assist in organizing and establishing operating controls and procedures for the 9-1-1 equipment and network
- Knowledge of telecommunications services and networks (voice, data, mobile)
- Experience in 9-1-1 system operations gained through working in an agency such as a 9-1-1 communications center, telephone company, network systems, etc
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, databases and word processing software
- Willing and available to take calls after-hours and be on call on weekends and holidays, and travel within our region
- Pass and maintain call handling equipment maintenance certification
Do you have…
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable academic discipline or related field of study
- 3 years of experience working with local government, nonprofit programs, school or in job related duties
H-GAC is an equal opportunity/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or protected veteran status.