Sr. Emergency Manager
As Senior Emergency Manager (SEM), you will coordinate and direct emergency management and disaster operations. You will be directly involved and responsible for various programs as assigned, involving preparedness, Continuity of Operations (COOP), response, recovery, and hazard impact mitigation in accordance with the needs of the DFW International Airport. You will have the opportunity to join an organization and a team of professionals that takes a dynamic, proactive approach towards keeping the DFW Airport safe and secure.
What you will be doing:
• Overseeing and enabling communication, collaboration, and coordination during activations of the Emergency Operations Center and process to effectively respond to and recover from operational disruptions of all sizes.
• Planning, developing, and delivering emergency management training, drills, and exercises for the enhanced integration of all departments and disciplines of the DFW Airport enterprise.
• Supporting and facilitating the ongoing development of and training for the use of Emergency Management and Airport Operations technology that is to be utilized daily and during irregular operations i.e. WebEOC and Everbridge; facilitating the development, preparation, and maintenance of the Airport Emergency Operations Plan, Continuity of Operations Plan, and other applicable plans.
• Supporting the operational planning, training, and exercise needs of airport customers such as cargo and passenger airlines.
• Conducting outreach to surrounding community agencies, businesses, and government agencies to ensure engagement in planning and preparedness continuity.
What you need:
• Bachelor’s degree in Emergency Management or a related field
• Four (4) years related experience and/or training with special emphasis on EOC operations management and EOC position specific development, and emergency training, drills, and exercises
• Two (2) years of leadership experience in an Emergency Operations Center during activations
• Must have led the planning and facilitation of at least two (2) successful full-scale exercises, serving during facilitation as either the Chief Controller or the Exercise Director
• Must have certificate of completion from the Department of Homeland Security (FEMA) for National Incident Management System (NIMS) training, including IS100, IS200, IS 300, IS 400, 700, and IS 800B
• Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above for consideration
• Possession of a valid Class C driver’s license
What we desire:
• Certification as a Master Exercise Practitioner (MEP)
• Certification as a Certified Emergency Manager (CEM)
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Equal Opportunity Employer