RIS IS Now Hiring!!
Research & Information Services (RIS): The mission of RIS is three-fold: (1) to provide objective information and analysis on the development of the region for use in the area planning and economic development activities; (2) to support the information service needs of NCTCOG; and (3) to assist local governments in the implementation of information technology. Join our team! The RIS team believes in always doing the right thing and treating people with respect. Work in a place where your team values you.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) Research & Information Systems (RIS) department is seeking an experienced Administrator / Business Analyst for our Projects & Applications team. In this role, you will analyze, develop, administer, and maintain solutions delivered to the NCTCOG Agency using our foundational technologies (M365 / O365; Dynamics 365, Laserfiche, Smartsheet…). The ideal candidate will have excellent business analysis and solution development skills using multiple technology products.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Act as a consultant and business analyst to help customers find solutions for their business needs. Work with customers to identify their business needs, document functional requirements, and implement solutions using applicable system(s).
- Perform basic system administration tasks such as performing application configuration, user management, and changes which may require coordinating with 3rd party vendor(s) to perform necessary work and incident resolution as part of technical support role.
- Assist with the design, development, documentation, testing, and support customized business solutions for the Agency.
- Provide technical, analytical support, and expertise to continue the use and enhancement of fully operational SharePoint sites.
- Provide support and training to end-users in the use and maintenance of their business solutions. This can include creating training materials and documentation that explains the functionality of the system and how to use it.
- Facilitate meetings with customer stakeholders and business partners.
- Perform basic project management activities (define scope, requirements, project plan…) related to the delivery of solutions.
- Works closely with team members to ensure knowledge sharing and effective solution development.
- Experience analyzing business processes and developing solutions using SharePoint Online, Dynamics 365, Laserfiche, or Smartsheet.
- Working knowledge of developing automated workflows (using Power Automate or Smartsheet).
- Experience working with end-users in developing, maintaining, and updating the content of SharePoint sites.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Power Platform / Dynamics 365 with a strong interest in learning more.
- Experience in the analysis of IT and business issues.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer focus skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Associate's degree in a technology-related field. Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement may be considered if they have 3 total years of relevant work experience.
- 1–3 years of related work experience.
Preferred Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Functional knowledge of or experience using SharePoint Online or Dynamics 365.
- Functional knowledge of or experience using Laserfiche.
- Functional knowledge of or experience using Smartsheet.
- Functional knowledge of and experience using Office 365 components.
- Ability to train end-users on how to use Office 365, Dynamics 365, Laserfiche, or Smartsheet products.
- Ability to evaluate business needs and identify solutions.
- Ability to develop and execute a change management plan.
- 2+ years of technical experience delivering solutions with or administering MS Power Platform / Dynamics 365 / SharePoint / Laserfiche.
- $64,000.00 - $68,000.00 - Dependent upon qualifications, skills & experience
- Health - We provide an outstanding package of health and life benefits for employees, with coverage available for their families. We offer medical, dental, and vision coverage, as well as basic and optional life, long term disability, and flexible spending accounts. Our Full-Time employee health coverage is paid for 100%.
- Retirement - Full Time employees participate in the (401a) Retirement Plan offered through ICMA by payroll deduction with employer match at 12%.
- Work-Life Balance - At NCTCOG we want you to achieve a balance between your work and your home life. You'll receive vacation days, holidays, and personal days to use as you choose.
- Professional Development - We view employees as our most valuable resource and promote the professional development of each individual. At NCTCOG employees receive the support and resources to reach their full potential. Opportunities include tuition reimbursement, paid membership in professional organizations, and a wide range of training opportunities.
- Flexible work schedules
- Hybrid Officing - Based on performance, job duties, and business requirements, hybrid work environment, may include remote work opportunities
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer/program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other classifications covered under federal, state, or local laws. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
Background Check & Drug Testing:
All selected candidates must undergo a pre-employment background check and drug screening. Background checks include national criminal background check, employment history, motor vehicle record check, social security verification, education verification, and other elements as needed. NCTCOG is committed to a safe and drug free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping NCTCOG safe and drug free. In order to receive an offer of employment from NCTCOG, selected candidates must successfully pass the pre-employment background check and drug screening.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee's authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Job postings are kept open for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may close anytime thereafter at the discretion of the hiring manager.