About Houston-Galveston Area Council
The Houston-Galveston Area Council is one of the largest regional planning commissions in the country with a diverse service area of 13 counties and more than 7 million people. We are the pulse of our region addressing issues that cross city limits and county lines every single day.
We make decisions that affect our transportation system, ensure the safety and well-being of our seniors, connect people to jobs, help families recover from natural disasters, preserve water quality for our children, and so much more. We work to make the region a great place to live, work, and thrive.
What will I be doing?
As part of H-GAC’s communications and outreach team, the senior videographer/photographer will tell our story through emotionally compelling and captivating videos and through extraordinary photography that shares the positive impact we make on our communities. We want you to represent the H-GAC brand through photo and video shoots, promotional photography, and videography that helps us build trust and awareness with our stakeholders.
- Capture and edit videos and photos using digital imaging technology, equipment, techniques, methods, and formats for videography and photography.
- Capture videos and photos at varying locations within the 13-county H-GAC region at our events like board meetings, public meetings, workshops, and more.
- Manage agency video and photography requests from various people and departments and maintain a schedule of video and photo shoots.
- Expertly lead, direct, and manage photo and video shoots by recommending locations, backgrounds, lighting, and more.
- Use specialized equipment, tools, and supplies used for capturing, processing, and enhancing photographs including various cameras/lenses, image processing software, and types of lighting.
- Assist in script development and storyboards for video production and recommend photography that supplements narratives in our reports, documents, flyers, and more.
- Collaborate closely with the team to suggest photo, video, and marketing ideas that improve and promote our organization’s programs and brand.
- Organize, manage, and maintain the agency’s image and video library.
- Keep accurate, detailed notes to identify subjects in photographs and ensure every image file has proper photography/videography release forms signed.
- Utilize creativity as well as knowledge of lighting, composition, camera/lens combination, and editing software such as Adobe Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Photo Mechanic.
- Senior-level knowledge and skill with professional photo and video equipment
- Prior experience and a proven track record of premium quality work in video production and photography
- A solid understanding and experience in using video and photography for communications, marketing, and outreach
- Understanding and experience with social media and other digital media platforms
- Experience or knowledge in understanding how public service and/or government entities operate
- Effective interpersonal skills with the desire to work with a diverse group of internal and external partners
- Enjoy providing support to agency departments and helping others with their videography and photography projects
- Demonstrate the ability to collaborate with team members and other agency staff to complete timelines and projects
- Comfortable with being flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced environment and adhering to fast and impromptu deadlines
- Ability to work on multiple projects with varying deadlines while producing high-quality work and exercising extreme attention to detail
- Comfortable receiving direction, then executing individual projects independently, taking initiative, and making sound decisions
- Comfortable working on high-profile projects that impact our region, the public, elected officials, and important stakeholders
- Adaptability to work flexible work hours including some evenings and weekends
- Graphic design experience a plus
Do you have…
- Bachelor’s degree in videography or video production, film studies, cinematography, photography, communications, journalism, or a closely related field.
- 5 years of experience with photography and videography with a strong proficiency in capturing high-quality photographs and video.
- An online portfolio of past video and photography work
H-GAC is an equal opportunity/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer