About Houston Galveston Area Council
The Houston-Galveston Area Council is one of the largest regional planning commissions in the country with a diverse service area of 13 counties and more than 7 million people. We are the pulse of our region addressing issues that cross city limits and county lines every single day.
We make decisions that affect our transportation system, ensure the safety and well-being of our seniors, connect people to jobs, help families recover from natural disasters, preserve water quality for our children, and so much more. We work to make the region a great place to live, work, and thrive.
What will I be doing?
- Take lead on transportation planning projects that improve safety, mobility, traffic incident management, hurricane evacuation, and multimodal connections throughout the region
- Work on implementation of Regional Safety Plan and periodic update of the plan.
- Coordinate and facilitate Transportation Safety Committee meetings
- Assist and coordinate on stakeholder and public involvement
- Coordinate with State and local governments on hurricane evacuation planning
- Management of project teams including internal and/or external team members
- Transportation data analysis including crash data using tools such as Excel, Access, ArcGIS, and other programs
- Development and/or review of report content and project recommendations.
- Development of project scopes of work and budget
- Project and consultant management including review of invoices, progress reports and deliverables
- Experience with transportation safety planning
- Experience with using database and mapping software (Excel, Access, ArcGIS)
- Thorough knowledge of transportation planning principles
- Experience in development and execution of safety, corridor, and access management planning
- Consensus building among and identification of stakeholders
- Facilitation and execution of public engagement activities
- Strong project management, communication, and presentation skills
Do you have…
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable academic discipline or related field of study
- 5 years of experience working with local government, nonprofit programs, school or in job related duties
- Depending on the qualifications and experience – This position may be considered a Senior or Principal
H-GAC is an equal opportunity/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer