About Houston-Galveston Area Council
The Houston-Galveston Area Council is one of the largest regional planning commissions in the country with a diverse service area of 13 counties and more than 7 million people. We are the pulse of our region addressing issues that cross city limits and county lines every single day.
We make decisions that affect our transportation system, ensure the safety and well-being of our seniors, connect people to jobs, help families recover from natural disasters, preserve water quality for our children, and so much more. We work to make the region a great place to live, work, and thrive.
What will I be doing?
Join a team of motivated professionals seeking to provide a superb transportation system for the more than 7 million people who call the Houston-Galveston region home. We’re looking for planners who want to make an impact with their careers.
- Take lead on transportation planning projects that improve mobility, safety, and multimodal connections throughout the region
- Development of project scopes of work
- Management of project teams including internal and/or external team members
- Data analysis using tools such as Excel, ArcGIS, and other programs
- Development and/or review of report content and project recommendations
- Assist and coordinate on stakeholder and public involvement
- Development and management of project budget and timeline
- Basic understanding of transportation planning principles
- Experience in the development and execution of sub-regional, corridor, and access management planning
- Consensus building among and identification of stakeholders
- Facilitation and execution of public engagement activities
- Strong project management, communication, and presentation skills
- Experience with ArcGIS
Do you have…
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable academic discipline or related field of study
- 5 years of experience working with local government, nonprofit programs, or in similar job-related duties
H-GAC is an equal opportunity/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer