Houston-Galveston Area Council Overview
Serving more than 7 million people in our region, the Houston Galveston Area Council is the cornerstone to address issues that cross city limits and county lines every day for 13 county governments, 107 cities, and 11 school districts. Serving as an instrument of local government cooperation, promoting the region’s orderly development and the safety and welfare of its citizens; our planning and service programs span a broad spectrum from transportation and homeland security planning to workforce development, assistance to the elderly, 9-1-1 service, watershed protection, and disaster recovery.
H-GAC’s Human Services department has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Planner. The incumbent will work with Workforce Solutions, the region’s public workforce system, and the regional adult education consortium. She/he will ensure efficient and effective service that achieves the Gulf Coast Workforce Board’s goals of competitive employers, an educated workforce, more and better jobs, and higher incomes. The incumbent will also serve as the staff coordinator for adult education policy, while promoting cooperation and collaboration among consortium members. She/he will perform complex, senior-level planning and research work that supports the integration and delivery of a range of workforce services. Does this opportunity interest you? If so, apply now.
The successful candidate will have at a minimum:
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Policy, Education or a related field of study
- Applicable experience may substitute for education.
- Five (5) years of experience in leading large-scale projects, programs or initiatives.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Preferred qualifications include:
- Eight (8) years or experience in leading large-scale projects, programs or initiatives directly related to area of responsibility.
- Experience working for a Metropolitan Planning Office, Regional Council of Government or other local or federally funded agency.
Apply online via: https://h-gac.com/careers
H-GAC is an equal opportunity/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer