About Houston-Galveston Area Council
The Houston-Galveston Area Council is one of the largest regional planning commissions in the country with a diverse service area of 13 counties and more than 7 million people. We are the pulse of our region addressing issues that cross city limits and county lines every single day.
We make decisions that affect our transportation system, ensure the safety and well-being or our seniors, connect people to jobs, help families recover from natural disasters, preserve water quality for our children, and so much more. We work to make the region a great place to live, work, and thrive.
What will I be doing?
- Developing, negotiating, managing, amending, and closing out contracts and grants for the workforce system
- Establishing relationships and meeting with system contractors to manage work according to workforce board guidance
- Reviewing, reporting, documenting and presenting contractor performance and adjusting plans and goals as needed
- Participating and sometimes leading various workgroups
- Analyzing, interpreting and presenting workforce information to various stakeholders and internal staff
- Reviewing fiscal information and making recommendations that influences system budgeting
- Reading, reviewing, interpreting and enacting written guidance from state, federal and local governments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to analyze, interpret and present strategies, leading to successful deliverables and outcomes
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites and SharePoint
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
Do you have…
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable academic discipline or related field of study
- 5 years of experience working with local government, nonprofit programs, school, or in job related duties
Apply online via: https://h-gac.com/careers
H-GAC is an equal opportunity/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer