Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Monitors third-party Subrecipients by performing desk reviews of audited financial statements, unaudited financial data or other system fiscal data.
- Performs desk reviews of Subrecipient fiscal data or internal system data to examine accounting systems, cost allocations, internal controls, financial records, policies and procedures, and supporting documentation using audit software, desk review tools/instruments, procedures and/or checklists to ensure compliance with applicable rules, laws or regulations.
- Summarizes issues and observations noted in fiscal non-compliance areas, identifies opportunities and recommendations for corrective actions.
- Understands and researches governing laws, rules and regulations to aid in the development and design of electronic templates, procedures and other tracking tools for project specific testing.
- Prepares draft and final audit reports, letters and memos.
- May participate in annual third-party Subrecipient risk assessment processes in various situations with attention to developing or editing risk assessment tools
- Assists R&C team members by serving as lead auditor; may provide guidance to accounting staff and internal departments as required
- Minimal travel within the NCTCOG 16 county region, as well as travel infrequently out of region.
- Detail oriented, and highly organized with ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Strong critical reasoning, data analysis, and problem-solving skills
- Effective and efficient verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to follow instructions, to work independently and in team collaboration environments is critical
- Strong computer skills, with intermediate knowledge of TEAMS, Word, Excel and SharePoint
- Prefer knowledge of TeamMate, ACL, LucidChart, Survey Monkey, SmartSheet and PowerPoint.
Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years work related experience.
Applicants with strong experience in several of these areas are encouraged to apply: external audit, cost allocation testing, audited financial statements, fiscal compliance, monitoring of grants, and Subrecipient risk management. All submissions should include:
- A cover letter describing an applicant’s interest in this position
- A current resume
NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer/program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other classifications covered under federal, state, or local laws. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and national criminal background check in order to receive an employment offer from NCTCOG.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee’s authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Job postings are kept open for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may close anytime thereafter at the discretion of the hiring manager.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, and compensation without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, political affiliation, or other protected class.
If you are an applicant with a disability and need an accommodation in order to apply for a position with NCTCOG, please contact Human Resources by calling 817-695-9234 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Location: 616 Six Flags Drive, ARLINGTON, TX
Tracking Code: 1151-153
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Equal Opportunity Employer