About Houston-Galveston Area Council
The Houston-Galveston Area Council is one of the largest regional planning commissions in the country with a diverse service area of 13 counties and more than 7 million people. We are the pulse of our region addressing issues that cross city limits and county lines every single day.
We make decisions that affect our transportation system, ensure the safety and well-being of our seniors, connect people to jobs, help families recover from natural disasters, preserve water quality for our children, and so much more. We work to make the region a great place to live, work, and thrive.
What will I be doing?
- Assisting in the ongoing evaluation of risk to the organization (perform risk evaluations and monitor risk control measures)
- Create and present reports keeping leadership informed on current risk-related issues
- Conduct policy and process audits and make recommendations for improvement
- Conduct investigations related to potential fraud, monitor fraud findings for patterns
- Develop and present risk management training for staff to promote risk awareness throughout the organization
- Supporting Compliance and Internal Audit groups as needed
- An understanding of risk management practices
- Ability to manage long-term projects to timely completion
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Detailed oriented
- Ability to communicate on a professional level, verbally and in writing
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications; ability to learn position-specific software
- Ability to work individually and collaboratively across multiple levels of an organization
Do you have…
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable academic discipline or related field of study
- 3 years of experience working with local government, nonprofit programs, schools, or in similar job-related duties
H-GAC is an equal opportunity/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer