- Job Description
The North Central Texas Council of Governments Transportation Department is seeking an entry- or mid-level Regional Transportation Construction Coordinator to support the advancement and coordination of major transportation construction projects within the Dallas-Fort Worth region. This individual’s official position will be classified as a Transportation Planner II. Applicants wishing to be considered for this position should apply online at https://mycogcareer.silkroad.com/. To be considered for the entry-level Planner I position or any other NCTCOG position that may currently be open, applicants need to apply online separately for those postings. All submittals should include a cover letter summarizing work experience, as well as a current resume.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Implementing and monitoring construction-related initiatives identified in the regional Transportation
- Improvement Program (TIP) and the Metropolitan Transportation Plan (MTP)
- Developing and supporting a Regional Construction Coordination Working Group
- Integrating construction information within the 511DFW system
- Setting, tracking and reporting regional transportation construction-related targets, goals and performance measures
- Coordinating with emergency responders in the region regarding construction-related issues
- Overseeing the coordination among partner agencies to collect construction schedules, lanes affected, duration, and closures of transportation facilities
- Developing program area budgets and monitoring expenditures
- Preparing and delivering various presentations
- Preparing and reviewing correspondence, documentation, reports, articles, and executive summaries
- Planning and attending meetings and events
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Must be detail oriented and highly organized, with ability to multi-task on short deadlines
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Bachelor’s degree in analytical, quantitative methods
- At least one year of job-related experience
Minimum of $48,278.00 annually
The North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) is a voluntary association of, by and for local governments, and was established to assist local governments in planning for common needs, cooperating for mutual benefit, and coordinating for sound regional development. NCTCOG’s purpose is to strengthen both the individual and collective power of local governments and to help them recognize regional opportunities, eliminate unnecessary duplication, and make joint decisions. Since 1974, the North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) has served as the Metropolitan Planning Organization for transportation in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metropolitan Area and is responsible for developing transportation plans and programs that address the complex needs of the rapidly growing area. The planning area for transportation includes the 12 counties of Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Hood, Hunt, Johnson, Kaufman, Parker, Rockwall, Tarrant, and Wise.
The agency offers generous benefits, a friendly atmosphere with open communications for cooperative decision making, and challenging opportunities. The environment encourages both individual and team growth, responsibility and innovation.
NCTCOG is recognized as a military-friendly employer and values the knowledge, experience, and skills acquired during your military service career. All qualified veterans are invited to apply.
NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer/program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other classifications covered under federal, state, or local laws. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and national criminal background check in order to receive an employment offer from NCTCOG.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee’s authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Job postings are kept open for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may close anytime thereafter at the discretion of the hiring manager.
ARLINGTON, United States
Equal Opportunity Employer