Job Grade: 5
Serving more than 7 million people in our region, the Houston-Galveston Area Council is the cornerstone to address issues that cross city limits and county lines every day. H-GAC is made up of 13 county governments, 107 cities, and 11 school districts. H-GAC prides itself in serving as an instrument of local government cooperation, promoting the region’s orderly development and the safety and welfare of its citizens.
H-GAC is looking for a Quality Assurance Specialist to join our Human Services team. The candidate will work as a contract specialist, overseeing program and fiscal contract compliance. This position requires general knowledge of application processing, including determining consumer eligibility and processing applications, review and validate provider service requests, complete billing invoices, conduct performance monitoring, training and status reports. Oversee maintenance of consumer records and ensure data entry accuracy of records in the state mandated Consumer Management Information System. The candidate should have experience working with government funding and the ability to work effectively within a team.
The successful candidate will have at a minimum:
- Associate degree in Psychology, Sociology, Business Administration, Public Administration or related field of study
- Applicable experience may substitute for education
- Three (3) years of experience working with local government, nonprofit programs, school or in job related duties
- Must be willing to travel within 13 county regions.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Sociology, Business Administration, Public Administration or related field of study
- Five years of experience in quality assurance oversight and reporting or in aging programs and the Area Agencies on Aging network
Apply online via: https://h-gac.com/careers
H-GAC is an equal opportunity/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or protected veteran status.