Job Grade: 5
Serving more than 7 million people in our region, the Houston-Galveston Area Council is the cornerstone to address issues that cross city limits and county lines every day. H-GAC is made up of 13 county governments, 107 cities, and 11 school districts. H-GAC prides itself in serving as an instrument of local government cooperation, promoting the region’s orderly development and the safety and welfare of its citizens.
It’s a great time to join H-GAC and be at the forefront of our region’s future. We are looking to add to our Data Services team. The qualified candidate will perform duties related to 9-1-1 wireless networks call routing and system analysis work. This includes collecting, analyzing, and maintaining wireless towers, sectors and routing data, compliance and performance. You will also assist our E-9-1-1 Lead Analyst in formulating short-and long-term plans for wireless and VoIP implementation and analyzing data for quality assurance. If this position interests you, apply now!
In this role you will:
- Assist with maintaining wireless and VoIP data
- Assist with Troubleshooting, reporting and resolving discrepancies
- Verify addresses
- Assist with 9-1-1 call testing
- Assist with data maintenance and error corrections
- Schedule testing with providers for twenty-three 9-1-1 call centers
The successful candidate will have at a minimum:
- Bachelor’s degree required with emphasis in Computer Science, Business Administration, Public Administration or related field.
- Three (3) years of experience gained through working in an agency such as a 9-1-1 communications center, telephone company, network systems, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, databases and word processing software.
- Candidate must possess intermediate to advanced Excel spreadsheet proficiency.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Five (5) years of experience in 9-1-1 system operations.
- Systems experience gained through working in a public agency.
- Working knowledge of ARCGIS.
Apply online via: https://h-gac.com/careers
H-GAC is an equal opportunity/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or protected veteran status.