Serving more than 7 million people in our region, the Houston-Galveston Area Council is the cornerstone to address issues that cross city limits and county lines every day. H-GAC is made up of 13 county governments, 107 cities, and 11 school districts. H-GAC prides itself in serving as an instrument of local government cooperation, promoting the region’s orderly development and the safety and welfare of its citizens.
It’s a great time to join H-GAC and be at the forefront of our region’s future. We are looking to add to our Data Services team. The qualified candidate will perform duties related to 9-1-1 wireless networks call routing and system analysis work. This includes collecting, analyzing, and maintaining wireless towers, sectors and routing data, compliance and performance. You will assist the E-9-1-1 Lead Analyst in formulating short-and long-term plans for wireless and VoIP implementation and analyzing data for quality assurance. Additionally, the qualified candidate will also work with and analyze existing GIS data and make comparisons to other applicable 9-1-1 databases. If this position interests you, apply now!
- Assist with maintaining wireless tower, sector and routing data
- Assist with database maintenance and error corrections
- Verify VoIP telephone numbers and registered addresses
- Assist with troubleshooting, reporting and resolving misrouted 9-1-1 calls
- Assist with 9-1-1 call testing to ensure call routing is accurate
- Edit road centerline and address point feature classes
- Edit cell tower layer information in the GIS data as applicable
- May create maps or compile GIS Data as directed
The successful candidate will have at a minimum:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information System, or Geographic Information System (GIS) or related discipline
- Three (3) years’ experience in 9-1-1 systems operation
- Demonstrated working knowledge of telecommunication services and network (voice, data, wireless)
- Demonstrated working experience in using ESRI ArcGIS Desktop software and general GIS principles and concepts, including 9-1-1 addressing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, databases and word processing software
- Candidate must possess intermediate to advanced Excel spreadsheet proficiency
Preferred qualifications include:
- Five (5) years’ experience in 9-1-1 system operations
- Three (3) years’ experience in GIS
Apply online via: https://h-gac.com/careers
H-GAC is an equal opportunity/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer