About Houston-Galveston Area Council
The Houston-Galveston Area Council is one of the largest regional planning commissions in the country with a diverse service area of 13 counties and more than 7 million people. We are the pulse of our region addressing issues that cross city limits and county lines every single day.
We make decisions that affect our transportation system, ensure the safety and well-being of our seniors, connect people to jobs, help families recover from natural disasters, preserve water quality for our children, and so much more. We work to make the region a great place to live, work, and thrive.
What will I be doing?
- Plan, execute, and manage multiple projects and initiatives ensuring deliverables meet specifications and expectations
- Develop timelines, assign work to team members and track project status through completion
- Lead project teams in developing and improving system processes
- Coordinate with a variety of internal and external clients, customers, stakeholders, and/or contractors
- Provide fiscal oversite for assigned projects to ensure outcomes meet budget expectations
- Communicate regular project updates which include project information, status, and expenditures to various audience members
- Serve as a point of contact for teams when multiple units are assigned to the same project to ensure team actions remain in synergy
- Communicate with executives or the board to keep the project aligned with their goals
- Perform quality control on the project throughout development to maintain the standards expected
- Understand applicable federal, state, and local government agency policies, procedures, and processes
- Ensure projects are executed in accordance with the Workforce Board’s directive and in compliance with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations
- Ability to create long- and short-term plans, including setting targets for milestones, adhering to deadlines, and adjusting schedules when needed to complete on time and within budget
- Ability to make effective decisions when presented with multiple options for how to progress with the project and faced with multiple competing deadlines
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office software applications and ability to utilize common project management software
- Experience managing large-scale projects; Project Management certification preferred
Do you have…
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable academic discipline or related field of study
- 5 years of experience working with local government, nonprofit programs, schools or in similar job-related duties
H-GAC is an equal opportunity/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer