Job Title: Project Manager
Job ID: HS14092
Job Grade: 8
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Houston-Galveston Area Council Overview
Home to more than 7 million people, the Houston-Galveston region is one of the fastest growing and most diverse regions in the country. Making sure the region remains one of the nation’s leading places to live, work, and prosper doesn’t just happen—it takes planning and partnerships.
The Houston-Galveston Area Council serves as a forum where the region’s leaders and decision-makers come together to address local and regional issues related to transportation, the environment, public safety, aging, community planning, workforce training, and economic development. To support these efforts, the Houston-Galveston Area Council employs a robust team whose members are highly qualified, resourceful, and passionate about enhancing the region’s quality of life.
If you are looking for a career where you can help make a difference in urban, suburban, and rural communities, the Houston-Galveston Area Council has exciting opportunities for you. Learn more about why the Houston-Galveston Area Council is the right place for you to learn, grow, and excel.
H-GAC, the fiscal agent for the Gulf Coast Workforce Board, is striving to expand the reach of the region’s public workforce system to more employers and more people through targeted projects and expansion of existing programs. To support this expansion, we are seeking an experienced Project Manager to join our team.
The role of the Workforce Systems Project Manager is to assist with the planning and development of new large-scale projects as well as maintain and streamline current programs and procedures. This includes developing action plans, analyzing goals, monitoring deadlines and providing updates on project status. The Project Manager will serve as the primary point of contact and liaison between third party contractors and internal partners to develop and foster collaborative relationships between all key functional stakeholders. In addition, this individual is responsible for ensuring that the delivery of programs and services are in accordance with the Workforce Board’s directive and is compliant with all federal, state and local laws and regulations. We are looking for a candidate with project management and leadership experience and the proven ability to deliver large scale projects on-time, within budget and with a high level of customer satisfaction.
The successful candidate will have at a minimum:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Government, Public Administration or a related field of study.
• Applicable experience may substitute for education.
• Five (5) years of experience in managing large scale projects
• Proven ability to work with various stakeholders in bringing projects to completion on time and within budget.
• Proficiency in all Microsoft Office software applications as well as accepted project management principles.
Preferred qualifications include:
• Master’s degree in Business, Government, Public Administration or a related field of study.
• Eight (8) years of experience in managing large scale workforce systems projects.
• Experience in public administration projects and a high degree of understanding of applicable federal, state and local government agency procedures and processes.
• Project Management certification.
H-GAC is an equal opportunity/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer