The North Central Texas Council of Government (NCTCOG) is seeking a Principal Project Engineer for the Streamlined Project Delivery and Data Management team. This position will provide planning and technical expertise in support of expediting projects in the Dallas-Fort Worth region. Applicants wishing to be considered for this position should apply online at https://mycogcareer.silkroad.com/. To be considered for any other NCTCOG position that may currently be open, applicants need to apply online separately for those positions. All submittals should include a cover letter summarizing work experience, as well as a current resume.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Managing and coordinating various teams of transportation planners and professional engineers on multiple transportation projects
- Developing, interpreting, and evaluating conceptual and preliminary designs, operational parameters, lifecycle considerations, and possible innovative applications for projects accommodating various transportation modes (i.e. roadways, priced facilities, bicycle/pedestrian facilities, transit facilities, high-speed rail)
- Identifying, quantifying, and reviewing physical environmental effects and impacts (i.e. air/water pollution, stormwater/floodplain management, energy efficiency/management, geomorphology)
- Calculating and analyzing material quantities, compatibility, and sustainability
- Outlining and estimating short-term and long-term valuations of project benefits and costs
- Conducting, defining, and integrating project-related environmental and economic risk assessments and mitigation strategies
- Coordinating with appropriate transportation providers, industrial producers, resource agencies, and government entities
- Participating in public involvement activities
- Delivering oral presentations
- Preparing and tracking various written correspondence, technical reports, and other documentation
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and substantial multi-tasking capabilities
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Diligence in operating Microsoft Office products
- Familiarity in civil engineering principles, preliminary design, constructability, and sustainability parameters
- Familiarity with hydraulic, geomorphologic, and thermodynamic processes related to civil/mechanical engineering applications
- Familiarity with asset management initiatives and economic valuation analyses
- Familiarity with the preparation of environmental documents under the National Environmental Policy Act and appropriate state and federal laws/regulations
- Familiarity with construction permitting, staging, accounting, and delivery measures
- Bachelor’s degree in analytical, quantitative methods
- At least five years of job-related experience
- E.I.T or related license is required; Professional Engineer’s license preferred
Minimum of $69,415.00 annually
The North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) is a voluntary association of, by and for local governments, and was established to assist local governments in planning for common needs, cooperating for mutual benefit, and coordinating for sound regional development. NCTCOG’s purpose is to strengthen both the individual and collective power of local governments and to help them recognize regional opportunities, eliminate unnecessary duplication, and make joint decisions. Since 1974, the North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) has served as the Metropolitan Planning Organization for transportation in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metropolitan Area and is responsible for developing transportation plans and programs that address the complex needs of the rapidly growing area. The planning area for transportation includes the 12 counties of Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Hood, Hunt, Johnson, Kaufman, Parker, Rockwall, Tarrant, and Wise.
The agency offers generous benefits, a friendly atmosphere with open communications for cooperative decision making, and challenging opportunities. The environment encourages both individual and team growth, responsibility and innovation.
NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and national criminal background check in order to receive an employment offer from NCTCOG.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee’s authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Job Location: Arlington, Texas, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Equal Opportunity Employer