About Houston-Galveston Area Council
The Houston-Galveston Area Council is one of the largest regional planning commissions in the country with a diverse service area of 13 counties and more than 7 million people. We are the pulse of our region addressing issues that cross city limits and county lines every single day.
We make decisions that affect our transportation system, ensure the safety and well-being or our seniors, connect people to jobs, help families recover from natural disasters, preserve water quality for our children, and so much more. We work to make the region a great place to live, work, and thrive.
What will I be doing?
- Lead the development and implementation of the Transportation Improvement Program, H-GAC 10-Year Plan, and assist with the Regional Transportation Plan
- Demonstrate experience in surface transportation project planning and development by assisting in the development of project selection and scoring.
- Develop committee and Council meeting materials including background papers and compelling presentations in support of project programming and delivery efforts.
- Lead efforts to expedite project delivery of federally funded highway, transit, bike/pedestrian and other projects selected by the Transportation Policy Council.
- Assist with the maintenance the integrity of the transportation project information database
- Experience in the administration of surface transportation funding programs at the federal and State levels and how the funding relates to the implementation of the Regional Transportation Plan and Transportation Improvement Program.
- Experience developing project timelines for project programming and delivery efforts that provide ample opportunity for input from the public and stakeholders.
- Experience reviewing surface transportation projects and program cost estimates and assessing project readiness for inclusion in the TIP, 10-year Plan.
- Someone that demonstrates strong team work, an “all hands on deck” attitude and are passionate about doing whatever it takes to improve the quality of life for our citizens.
- Strong project management, communication and presentation skills are crucial for success in this role
Do you have…
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable academic discipline or related field of study
- 8 years of experience working with local government, nonprofit programs, school or in job related duties
Principal Planner – Transportation
Employment Duration: Full time
Salary Range: $63,104.00 – $119,158.00
H-GAC is an equal opportunity/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer