Home to more than 7 million people, the Houston-Galveston region is one of the fastest growing and most diverse regions in the country. Making sure the region remains one of the nation’s leading places to live, work, and prosper doesn’t just happen—it takes planning and partnerships.
The Houston-Galveston Area Council serves as a forum where the region’s leaders and decision-makers come together to address local and regional issues related to transportation, the environment, public safety, aging, community planning, workforce training, and economic development. To support these efforts, the Houston-Galveston Area Council employs a robust team whose members are highly qualified, resourceful, and passionate about enhancing the region’s quality of life.
If you are looking for a career where you can help make a difference in urban, suburban, and rural communities, the Houston-Galveston Area Council has exciting opportunities for you. Learn more about why the Houston-Galveston Area Council is the right place for you to learn, grow, and excel.
H-GAC is seeking a Principal Data Analyst to join the Transportation Department. The candidate will work as a member of a team of planners and analysts that perform day-to-day development, updates and maintenance of the regional travel model.
The Principal Data Analyst will lead the development of the state-of-the-art regional travel demand model. In addition, the individual will be responsible for assisting with travel model application projects and delivering results to both internal and external clients. Responsibilities also include responding to numerous time-sensitive requests for travel demand analysis data.
The candidate must demonstrate experience in travel model application projects and can be able to work with consultants and H-GAC staff to analyze, produce, and interpret data from travel demand models. Strong project management, quantitative, software, communication and presentation skills are essential for success in this role. You must be able provide professional and timely feedback to a variety of audiences.
The successful candidate will have at a minimum:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Urban Planning, Regional Planning or related field.
• Five (5) years’ experience in urban or regional planning, monitoring and reporting.
• Thorough knowledge of transportation modeling. transportation and land use planning, policies, regulations and best management practices.
• Ability to plan and effectively manage complex, long-term projects.
• Practical experience using travel demand software, including Cube Voyager or TransCad.
• Working knowledge of ArcGIS Pro.
• Ability to plan and effectively manage staff and complex projects.
Preferred Qualifications Include:
• Eight (8) years’ experience in urban and regional planning, monitoring and reporting.
• Experience with GIS and/or graphics software including Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop).
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and database software.
Equal Opportunity Employer