About Houston-Galveston Area Council
The Houston-Galveston Area Council is one of the largest regional planning commissions in the country with a diverse service area of 13 counties and more than 7 million people. We are the pulse of our region addressing issues that cross city limits and county lines every single day.
We make decisions that affect our transportation system, ensure the safety and well-being of our seniors, connect people to jobs, help families recover from natural disasters, preserve water quality for our children, and so much more. We work to make the region a great place to live, work, and thrive.
What will I be doing?
- Develop and manage the regional and sub-regional demographic, economic and land use forecasting models and tools for transportation planning, economic development, flood mitigation and community and environmental planning
- Mange project teams, prioritize and implement model development and application, and collaborate with other teams as well as external stakeholders
- Coach and support the professional development of junior staff, specifically in learning how to use advanced programming tools to produce and automate data analysis and other business intelligence
- Quality control to ensure the accuracy and integrity of data and providing innovative solutions to improve forecasting efforts is an integral part of this job
- Provide technical and analytical support and serve as a point of contact for internal and external request for data
- Experience in data frames, data set designs, maintaining large volumes of data, producing forecasting models and reporting
- Strong experience in reading and writing SAS code for data processing and management is crucial for success in this role
- Strong background in demographic and economic theory and models
- Experience in analyzing Census, employment, and real estate data
- Solid understanding of econometrics and demand modeling
- Creativity/ skill in integrating interdisciplinary knowledge from a variety of technical areas
- Proficiency in carrying out forecast model calibration and validation
- Demonstrated expertise and experience in the production of model documentation and technical reports
- Experience performing and documenting quality assurance / quality control (QA/QC) procedures on various phases of forecast modeling studies
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Effective work prioritization, delegation, and planning skills. Ability and flexibility to multi-task and shift focus quickly
- Excellent verbal and written communication, collaboration, and coordination skills
Do you have…
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable academic discipline or related field of study
- 5 years of experience working with local government, nonprofit programs, school or in job related duties
H-GAC is an equal opportunity/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer