About Houston-Galveston Area Council
The Houston-Galveston Area Council is one of the largest regional planning commissions in the country with a diverse service area of 13 counties and more than 7 million people. We are the pulse of our region addressing issues that cross city limits and county lines every single day.
We make decisions that affect our transportation system, ensure the safety and well-being or our seniors, connect people to jobs, help families recover from natural disasters, preserve water quality for our children, and so much more. We work to make the region a great place to live, work, and thrive.
About Workforce Solutions
H-GAC is the fiscal agent and staff to the Gulf Coast Workforce Board and Workforce Solutions, the region’s public workforce system. We are here to keep our region the best place to do business, work and live. By fulfilling the diverse needs of the businesses and people we serve, we elevate the region’s economic and human potential.
What will I be doing?
In this role, you will:
- Take on a variety of assignments to support Workforce Solutions communications efforts.
- Write for everything from media releases to award nominations
- Master the Ingenuix content management system and make significant improvements to the website.
- Track communication activities and report outcomes.
To succeed in this dynamic fast-paced environment, the ideal candidate is:
- An excellent writer with a varied portfolio
- Fearless with technology
- Flexible and adaptable to fluctuating priorities
- Able to work with limited supervision and meet tight deadlines
- A strong collaborator
- Passionate about serving our community by providing high-quality communications to all stakeholders.
Do you have…
- A Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism or a related field of study
- At least 5 years of experience working in marketing/communications, preferably in public sector service or workforce development
Apply online via: https://h-gac.com/careers
H-GAC is an equal opportunity/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer