Home to more than 7 million people, the Houston-Galveston region is one of the fastest growing and most diverse regions in the country. Making sure the region remains one of the nation’s leading places to live, work, and prosper doesn’t just happen—it takes planning and partnerships.
The Houston-Galveston Area Council serves as a forum where the region’s leaders and decision-makers come together to address local and regional issues related to transportation, the environment, public safety, aging, community planning, workforce training, and economic development. To support these efforts, the Houston-Galveston Area Council employs a robust team whose members are highly qualified, resourceful, and passionate about enhancing the region’s quality of life.
If you are looking for a career where you can help make a difference in urban, suburban, and rural communities, the Houston-Galveston Area Council has exciting opportunities for you. Learn more about why the Houston-Galveston Area Council is the right place for you to learn, grow, and excel.
H-GAC is seeking an Outreach Coordinator to join the Human Services department. The incumbent will provide career guidance and information to area public middle and high school student grades six (6) through (12), regarding High Growth and High Demand Occupations, opportunities and training in Middle-Skill jobs and other entry points into the workforce. Students will be in the early phases of preparing for transition to post-secondary education and employment.
The Outreach Coordinator will work with employers and employee associations, career office, Vocational Rehabilitation Service staff as well as community partners to provide awareness of occupations. This is a new function for the Agency. The right incumbent has the exciting chance to help create and develop this position from the beginning.
The successful candidate will have at a minimum:
• Bachelor’s degree in Public Policy, Business Administration, Social Work or a related field of study
• Applicable experience may substitute for education
• Three (3) years of professional work experience in a similar or related role
• Experience in building and enhancing new programs and developing relationships with various stakeholders and agencies.
Preferred Qualifications Include:
• Five (5) years related work experience in a similar or related program management role
• Experience working with middle school and high school students
Equal Opportunity Employer