The North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) is seeking a Network Administrator to be part of the infrastructure team. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in enterprise data center and networking technologies. The network administrator is part of a team that supports NCTCOG server, storage, network, backup, and cloud technologies. It requires extensive knowledge of Cisco routing and switching equipment, VMWare, and Cisco Unified Communication Manager environment. This position is part of a rotating on-call schedule for after-hours support and system monitoring.
- Knowledge of enterprise network and data center best practices.
- Knowledge of emerging trends in data center hardware and software.
- Knowledge of public and private cloud technologies impacting enterprises.
- Knowledge of WAN, LAN, VLAN, VPN, and internet technologies.
- Skill in troubleshooting Lan, WAN, and Microsoft technologies.
- Skill in Microsoft Active Directory.
- Skill in managing Microsoft Exchange online environment.
- Skill in managing an Office 365 environment.
- Skill in virtualization technology.
- Skill in switching and routing principles, practices, and techniques.
- Skill in configuring and managing Cisco routing and switching equipment.
- Skill in configuring and managing a Cisco Unified Communication Manager environment.
- Skill in managing a Microsoft Active Directory environment.
- Skill in managing a VMware virtualization environment with shared storage.
- Skill in managing on-premise and remote backup solutions.
- Skill in managing wide area networks between multiple sites including MPLS and SD-WAN.
- Skill in updating windows servers and cisco networking environments.
- Ability to create documentation.
- Ability to provide users support network, server, and 0ffice 365 technologies.
- Ability to prioritize daily work assignments.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and written.
- Ability to coordinate updates and upgrades to software and equipment.
- Ability to be on a rotating on-call schedule.
- Associate degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in technology or equivalent work and experience. Three (3) years of experience working with enterprise technology.
- Experience in an environment utilizing the following hardware and software required: Cisco Routers and Switches, VMware, Microsoft Windows Servers, and various storage and backup technologies.
- Experience in an environment utilizing the following technologies preferred: Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Office 365, and Azure Apps and Services.
- Technical certifications preferred for this position include CCNA (or higher), MCSE, Security+ (or other security certifications), and VCP certification. ITIL V4 Foundation certification must be obtained within 6 months from the date of hire.
NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer/program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other classifications covered under federal, state, or local laws. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and national criminal background check in order to receive an employment offer from NCTCOG.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee’s authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Job postings are kept open for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may close anytime thereafter at the discretion of the hiring manager.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, and compensation without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, political affiliation, or other protected class.
If you are an applicant with a disability and need an accommodation in order to apply for a position with NCTCOG, please contact Human Resources by calling 817-695-9234 or by email at email@example.com.
Category: Network Administration/Design
Job Location: 616 Six Flags Drive, ARLINGTON, TX
Tracking Code: 1177-153
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Equal Opportunity Employer