About Houston-Galveston Area Council
The Houston-Galveston Area Council is one of the largest regional planning commissions in the country with a diverse service area of 13 counties and more than 7 million people. We are the pulse of our region addressing issues that cross city limits and county lines every single day.
We make decisions that affect our transportation system, ensure the safety and well-being of our seniors, connect people to jobs, help families recover from natural disasters, preserve water quality for our children, and so much more. We work to make the region a great place to live, work, and thrive.
What will I be doing?
- Work under limited supervision with considerable latitude and uses independent judgment
- Perform advanced contract management work, involves developing and evaluating a broad range of contracts for services
- Supervise the Public Services Contract Administration Team, responsibilities include planning, assigning and scheduling work, reviewing work and ensuring quality standards are met, and overseeing productivity
- Provide guidance regarding contract administration, policies, and procedures
- Identify training needs and conducts training
- Plan organizational structure and job content to ensure continuity
- Work with other teams across the Department
- Communicate with contractors, members and potential member governments providing clarifications of contract language and procedures
- Actively participate in formal bid solicitations and collaborates with team members
- Make recommendations for hiring, termination and pay adjustment, training and developing
- Assist in the preparations and evaluation of program budget requests
- Serve as Department liaison for records retention
- Excellent verbal (in person, online and over the phone) and written communication skills; ability to initiate and maintain effective relationships with associates, public officials, and contractors
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office Suite
- Organized with the ability to multi-task, handle a high volume of work, and manage multiple priorities to meet deadlines
- Critical attention to detail with strong editing and proofreading skills and the ability to thoroughly and competently complete work tasks
Do you have…
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable academic discipline or related field of study
- 5 years of experience working with local government, nonprofit programs, school or in job related duties
H-GAC is an equal opportunity/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer