- Job Description
The Transportation Department of the North Central Texas Council of Governments is seeking an Intern to assist in strengthening the region’s engagement in air quality and transportation projects/programs/policies. Typical initiatives include assisting with marketing analytics/performance measures and associated reports for the department’s educational campaigns; assisting with media buying; event planning; drafting elements of awareness campaigns such as Air North Texas; and assisting in the development of graphic, visualization and communication elements of the Transportation Department’s plans, events, programs, and projects. Applicants wishing to be considered for this position should apply online at https://mycogcareer.silkroad.com/. To be considered for other Intern position(s) or any other NCTCOG position that may currently be open, applicants need to apply online separately for those postings. Qualified candidates must be attending an accredited college or university while in the position and able to work at the NCTCOG offices in Arlington, Texas. All submittals should include a cover letter summarizing related experience, as well as a current resume.
Ideal candidates should be able to work at least 25 hours a week while attending school.
NCTCOG is recognized as a military-friendly employer and values the knowledge, experience, and skills acquired during your military service career. All qualified veterans are invited to apply.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assisting with air quality and transportation communication
- Assisting with drafting logos, graphics, publications, advertisements, newsletters, correspondence, brochures, mailers, invitations, programs, signs, flyers and video storyboards
- Assisting with planning transportation or air quality events and/or committee meetings
- Drafting website, social media and publication content
- Assisting with coordination needs for advertising and other communication outlets
- Assisting in quantifying communication projects
- Assisting with camera set-up, equipment teardown
- Providing backup support for camera recording, editing, and file export
- Gathering and organizing materials to take to community events
- Assisting in entering data and maintaining databases
- Serving as a representative of NCTCOG’s goals and mission
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher and Outlook, as well as experience with design software (Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop)
- General knowledge of survey tools
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented, organized, creative, and possess ability to handle multiple tasks and tight deadlines
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment
- Must be attending an accredited college or university during employment. Pursuit of a degree in a related field desired.
- No work experience required; at least one year of school-related experience desired
Starting at $11.43 per hour
The North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) is a voluntary association of, by and for local governments, and was established to assist local governments in planning for common needs, cooperating for mutual benefit, and coordinating for sound regional development. NCTCOG’s purpose is to strengthen both the individual and collective power of local governments and to help them recognize regional opportunities, eliminate unnecessary duplication, and make joint decisions. Since 1974, the North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) has served as the Metropolitan Planning Organization for transportation in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metropolitan Area and is responsible for developing transportation plans and programs that address the complex needs of the rapidly growing area. The planning area for transportation includes the 12 counties of Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Hood, Hunt, Johnson, Kaufman, Parker, Rockwall, Tarrant, and Wise.
The agency offers generous benefits, a friendly atmosphere with open communications for cooperative decision making, and challenging opportunities. The environment encourages both individual and team growth, responsibility and innovation.
NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer/program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other classifications covered under federal, state, or local laws. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and national criminal background check in order to receive an employment offer from NCTCOG.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee’s authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Job postings are kept open for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may close anytime thereafter at the discretion of the hiring manager.
ARLINGTON, United States
Equal Opportunity Employer