The North Central Texas Council of Governments Agency Administration Department is seeking an Intern to provide support for the Risk and Compliance Division team, especially focused on numeric data input, research, and updates to templates. Applicants wishing to be considered for this position should apply online at https://mycogcareer.silkroad.com/. To be considered for any other NCTCOG position that may currently be open, applicants need to apply online separately for those postings. Qualified candidates must be attending an accredited college or university while in the position and able to work at the NCTCOG offices in Arlington, Texas. All submittals should include a cover letter summarizing work experience, as well as a current resume.
Ideal candidates should be able to work at least 15 hours per week while attending school.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Updating and organizing files
- Preparing documents
- Entering data into Excel spreadsheets and databases
- Copying and scanning documents
- Compiling lists and reports
- Creating flowcharts and other process documents
- Light assistance with research or review of regulations and standards
- Light assistance with project maintenance
- Other general administrative assignments
- Detail oriented, organized, and ability to handle multiple tasks and tight deadlines
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to use Excel and Word
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Sound judgement skills
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment
- Must be attending an accredited college or university during employment. Pursuit of a degree in accounting or a related field desired.
- No work experience required, at least three years of school-related experience preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and familiarity with SharePoint a plus
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, and compensation without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, political affiliation, or other protected class. If you are an applicant with a disability and need an accommodation in order to apply for a position with NCTCOG, please contact Human Resources by calling 817-695-9234 or by email at email@example.com.