Internships –> Transportation
616 Six Flags Drive, Arlington, Texas
The Transportation Department of the North Central Texas Council of Governments is seeking an Intern to provide assistance with photography and video production to strengthen the region’s engagement in air quality and transportation projects/programs/policies. Applicants wishing to be considered for this position should apply online at https://jobs.silkroad.com/NCTCOG/Careers. To be considered for another Intern position or any other NCTCOG position that may currently be open, applicants need to apply online separately for those postings. Qualified candidates must be enrolled in an accredited college or university while in the position and able to work at the NCTCOG offices in Arlington, Texas. All submittals should include a cover letter summarizing work experience, as well as a current resume and any examples of video or animation work.
Ideal candidates should be able to work at least 25 hours a week while attending school.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assisting with video production for Transportation Department social media channels and websites
- Collecting analytics on video traffic and producing reports
- Assisting with storyboarding and scripting videos
- Drafting social media content to promote video content
- Assisting with camera setup, equipment teardown, and equipment maintenance
- Scheduling video production meetings and shoots, and assisting with photoshoots
- Assisting with video editing and effects support
- Gathering and organizing materials to take to community events
- Assisting in the development of visualization, animation, and overall communication design for a variety of Transportation Department programs
- Assisting with drafting logos, graphics, and digital advertisements
- Assisting in entering data and maintaining databases
- Assisting with air quality and transportation communication
- Serving as a representative of NCTCOG’s goals and mission
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher and Outlook
- Basic understanding of Adobe Creative Programs including Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
- Basic understanding of animation or special effects platforms such as After Effects, Motion, or Blender
- Experience editing videos using Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented, organized, creative, and possess ability to handle multiple tasks and tight deadlines
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment
- Must be attending an accredited college or university during employment. Pursuit of a degree in a related field desired.
- No work experience required; at least one year of school-related experience desired
Minimum of $15.00 per hour
The North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) is a voluntary association of, by and for local governments, and was established to assist local governments in planning for common needs, cooperating for mutual benefit, and coordinating for sound regional development. NCTCOG’s purpose is to strengthen both the individual and collective power of local governments and to help them recognize regional opportunities, eliminate unnecessary duplication, and make joint decisions. Since 1974, the North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) has served as the Metropolitan Planning Organization for transportation in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metropolitan Area and is responsible for developing transportation plans and programs that address the complex needs of the rapidly growing area. The planning area for transportation includes the 12 counties of Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Hood, Hunt, Johnson, Kaufman, Parker, Rockwall, Tarrant, and Wise.
The agency offers generous benefits, a friendly atmosphere with open communications for cooperative decision making, and challenging opportunities. The environment encourages both individual and team growth, responsibility and innovation.
NCTCOG is recognized as a military-friendly employer and values the knowledge, experience, and skills acquired during your military service career. All qualified veterans are invited to apply.
NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer/program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other classifications covered under federal, state, or local laws. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and national criminal background check in order to receive an employment offer from NCTCOG.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee’s authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Job postings are kept open for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may close anytime thereafter at the discretion of the hiring manager.
Level of Education
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, and compensation without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, political affiliation, or other protected class.
If you are an applicant with a disability and need an accommodation in order to apply for a position with NCTCOG, please contact Human Resources by calling 817-695-9234 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer