The North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) Transportation Department is seeking an Intern to provide support in Air Quality Management and Operations. Specific projects this position will support include Dallas-Fort Worth Clean Cities and Electric Vehicles North Texas (EVNT). Applicants wishing to be considered for this position should apply online at https://mycogcareer.silkroad.com/. To be considered for any other NCTCOG position that may currently be open, applicants need to apply online separately for those postings. Qualified candidates must be attending an accredited college or university while in the position and able to work at the NCTCOG offices in Arlington, Texas. All submittals should include a cover letter summarizing work experience, as well as a current resume.
Ideal candidates should be able to work at least 25 hours a week while attending school.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assisting with data collection, organization, and analysis
- Assisting with Geographic Information System (GIS) mapping
- Assisting with event coordination, including meetings and webinars
- Assisting with outreach to local stakeholders on various air quality initiatives
- Drafting newsletter content on energy and clean vehicle topics
- Assisting with review and maintenance of NCTCOG and Clean Cities websites
- Assisting with policy analysis
- Drafting responses to various inquiries
- Detail oriented, organized, and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to follow instructions
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to operate Windows-based computer programs such as Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access
- Sound mathematical skills
- Must be able to work both independently and in a team environment
- Working knowledge of Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Must be attending an accredited college or university during employment.
- No work experience required; at least one year of school-related experience desired. Pursuit of a degree in a related field desired.
Minimum of $11.43 per hour
The North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) is a voluntary association of, by and for local governments, and was established to assist local governments in planning for common needs, cooperating for mutual benefit, and coordinating for sound regional development. NCTCOG’s purpose is to strengthen both the individual and collective power of local governments and to help them recognize regional opportunities, eliminate unnecessary duplication, and make joint decisions. Since 1974, the North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) has served as the Metropolitan Planning Organization for transportation in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metropolitan Area and is responsible for developing transportation plans and programs that address the complex needs of the rapidly growing area. The planning area for transportation includes the 12 counties of Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Hood, Hunt, Johnson, Kaufman, Parker, Rockwall, Tarrant, and Wise.
The agency offers generous benefits, a friendly atmosphere with open communications for cooperative decision making, and challenging opportunities. The environment encourages both individual and team growth, responsibility and innovation.
NCTCOG is recognized as a military-friendly employer and values the knowledge, experience, and skills acquired during your military service career. All qualified veterans are invited to apply.
NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer/program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other classifications covered under federal, state, or local laws. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and national criminal background check in order to receive an employment offer from NCTCOG.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee’s authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Job postings are kept open for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may close anytime thereafter at the discretion of the hiring manager.
Equal Opportunity Employer