The Transportation Department of the North Central Texas Council of Governments is seeking an Intern to provide support in Air Quality Management and Operations. Specific projects include, but are not limited to, the Dallas-Fort Worth Clean Cities Coalition and Electric Vehicles North Texas initiatives. This position will focus largely on assistance with developing educational outreach materials for private fleets and planning workshops and events to promote cleaner vehicle technologies. Work is collaborative in nature, working not only within the NCTCOG team, but also with external stakeholders, including fleets, citizen groups, associations, and industry representatives. Applicants wishing to be considered for this position should apply online at https://jobs.silkroad.com/NCTCOG/Careers. To be considered for another Intern position or any other NCTCOG position that may currently be open, applicants need to apply online separately for those postings. Qualified candidates must be attending an accredited college or university while in the position and able to work at the NCTCOG offices in Arlington, Texas. All submittals should include a cover letter summarizing work experience, as well as a current resume.
Ideal candidates should be able to work at least 25 hours a week while attending school (up to 29 hours).
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assisting with data collection, organization, and analysis
- Drafting emails and documents
- Assisting with identifying and reaching out to new contacts
- Assisting with event coordination, including meetings and webinars
- Assisting with outreach to local stakeholders on various air quality initiatives
- Drafting newsletter content on energy and clean vehicle topics
- Assisting with review and maintenance of NCTCOG and Clean Cities websites
- Assisting with policy analysis
- Drafting responses to various inquiries
- Detail oriented, organized, and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to follow instructions and seek assistance when needed
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to operate Windows-based computer programs such as Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access
- Must be able to work both independently and in a team environment
- Must be attending an accredited college or university during employment. Pursuit of a degree in a related field desired.
- No work experience required.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, and compensation without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, political affiliation, or other protected class. If you are an applicant with a disability and need an accommodation in order to apply for a position with NCTCOG, please contact Human Resources by calling 817-695-9234 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.