Health & Human Services Coordinator
State Class No.: B-17, Planner I
Job Title: Health and Human Services Coordinator
Pay Group: Classified
Reports To: TARC Staff
Summary of Position:
This position plans and administers the daily activities of the association in relation to the Area Agencies on Aging (AAAs) under the supervision of defined TARC staff.; provides information and assistance to councils of governments (COGs) and AAAs regarding aging-related programs; and coordinates with community, state, and federal entities administering aging-related programs. Duties include but are not limited to: working with the Texas Association of Area Agencies on Aging (T4A) membership to support AAA services, representing the Association at meetings, serving on various advisory committees, applying for and managing grant-funded projects, and planning and coordination of conferences, meetings, and trainings, including the annual Aging in Texas Conference.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong interpersonal skills; ability to establish a timeline and consistently meet deadlines; detail-oriented; ability to work in both independent and team environments; ability to communicate goals and issues in public presentations; ability to work with minimal supervision; ability to proofread documents for accuracy of content and grammar; confidence in public speaking and presentations; meeting planning experience and passion preferred; proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, WordPress and Adobe Acrobat.
Education and Experience:
• Master’s degree in social sciences, public administration, or a related field (preferred), OR
• Bachelor’s degree plus at least two years of experience in social services programs, preferably experience working with aging programs, OR
• Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
To assist both TARC and T4A in serving aging network programs with an emphasis on quality, continuous improvement, and teamwork the Health & Human Services Coordinator will:
• Maintain a working knowledge of aging program services and activities administered by the 28
AAAs and other state and local entities;
• Collaborate with elected officers (president, vice president, and secretary – primary contact is
president) of T4A to stay informed on pressing issues in the AAA network as well as aging services;
Function as the main planner for the Aging in Texas Conference, including coordinating and
assisting the planning committee, organizing committee calls, negotiating vendor contracts,
conducting site visits, developing and distributing conference-related emails for potential
attendees, exhibitors, and sponsors coordinating online registration, interfacing with and
coordinator speakers and exhibitors, and tracking conference expenses and revenue estimates;
• Identify and apply for potential grant funding on behalf of TARC/T4A;
• Monitor state policies related to the aging population;
• Maintain general knowledge of the Older Americans Act and the Administration on Community
• Communicate regularly with T4A and TARC membership regarding new developments and
potential opportunities in aging services, coordinating conference calls and workgroups as
• Regularly attend and contribute to relevant meetings and workgroups, including those conducted
by the Texas Health & Human Services Commission and related committees of the Texas
• Update relevant website communications and press releases;
• Provide regular updates on coordinator activities to T4A membership, TARC Executive Director
and other parties as directed;
• Provide regular updates to TARC team members in weekly staff meetings;
• Maintain positive member relations and can-do attitude.
• All other duties as assigned by TARC Executive Director.
• Travel required locally on a regular basis and regionally on an occasional basis;
• Valid Texas driver’s license or available means of transportation; and,
• Willingness to attend meetings and program-related activities in the evenings and occasionally on
Competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Equal Opportunity Employer