The Transportation Department of the North Central Texas Council of Governments is seeking a versatile Grants and Contracts Coordinator to support grant-related services for its transportation and air quality programs. Applicants with a strong interest in several of the following areas are encouraged to apply: financial analysis, data management, data validation, grant and contract support, grant and contract interpretation, customer service, accounting, compliance monitoring, and documentation of procedures. Applicants wishing to be considered for this position should apply online at https://mycogcareer.silkroad.com/. To be considered for any other NCTCOG position that may currently be open, applicants need to apply online separately for those postings. All submittals should include a cover letter describing applicant’s interest in the position, as well as a current resume.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Providing support to project managers and other staff in the implementation of transportation and air quality local, State, and federally funded projects
- Ensuring compliance with local, State, and federal laws and guidelines as well as internal processes and procedures
- Supporting the development and maintenance of the department budget and the Unified Planning Work Program
- Communicating with consultants, sub-recipients and partners through drafting of transmittals and other methods of communication
- Reviewing and documenting information regarding financial expenditures, agreements, approvals, funding awards, report submittals, and other actions
- Reviewing and processing consultant, sub-recipient, and/or vendor invoices and other payments
- Updating and summarizing financial status information and other data
- Assisting in the development of internal processes and resources to support project implementation in line with existing department and agency procedures
- Assisting with procurement of consultants and sub-recipients
- Creating and maintaining project records
- Providing general project support
- Must be detail oriented, highly organized, with an ability to multi-task and work well in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work well in a team environment
- Strong customer service and time management skills
- Solid mathematical skills with an emphasis on financial analyses preferred
- Ability to follow instructions and apply lessons learned to multiple situations
- Strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong computer skills, with intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, and working knowledge of Microsoft Access and SharePoint preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Work requires broad knowledge in a general professional or technical field, which is normally acquired through four years of college resulting in a Bachelor’s degree
- One to three years of job-related experience
Minimum of $39,521.00 annually
NCTCOG is a voluntary association of, by and for local governments, and was established to assist local governments in planning for common needs, cooperating for mutual benefit, and coordinating for sound regional development. NCTCOG’s purpose is to strengthen both the individual and collective power of local governments and to help them recognize regional opportunities, eliminate unnecessary duplication, and make joint decisions. Since 1974, NCTCOG has served as the Metropolitan Planning Organization for transportation in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metropolitan Area and is responsible for developing transportation plans and programs that address the complex needs of the rapidly growing area. The planning area for transportation includes the 12 counties of Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Hood, Hunt, Johnson, Kaufman, Parker, Rockwall, Tarrant, and Wise.
The agency offers generous benefits, a friendly atmosphere with open communications for cooperative decision making, and challenging opportunities. The environment encourages both individual and team growth, responsibility and innovation.
NCTCOG is recognized as a military-friendly employer and values the knowledge, experience, and skills acquired during your military service career. All qualified veterans are invited to apply.
NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer/program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other classifications covered under federal, state, or local laws. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and national criminal background check in order to receive an employment offer from NCTCOG.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee’s authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Job postings are kept open for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may close anytime thereafter at the discretion of the hiring manager.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, and compensation without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, political affiliation, or other protected class.
If you are an applicant with a disability and need an accommodation in order to apply for a position with NCTCOG, please contact Human Resources by calling 817-695-9234 or by email at email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer