Serving more than 7 million people in our region, the Houston-Galveston Area Council is the cornerstone to address issues that cross city limits and county lines every day. H-GAC is made up of 13 county governments, 107 cities, and 11 school districts. H-GAC prides itself in serving as an instrument of local government cooperation, promoting the region’s orderly development and the safety and welfare of its citizens.
We are seeking a highly talented and driven individual to join our organization as a Financial Analyst in our Human Services Department. You will support our workforce programs by preparing, tracking, and reporting on grant budgets; designing financial reporting tools for our contractors; reviewing contractor financial reports; and working with H-GAC’s Finance Department to keep accurate records on workforce grants and contracts. A working knowledge of fund accounting, OMB administrative and cost circulars, and federal/state grant budgeting processes is essential for this role.
The successful candidate will have at a minimum:
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or related field of study
- Applicable experience may substitute for education
- Three (3) years experience performing budget and accounting duties
- Working knowledge of federal/state grant budgeting processes and OMB administrative and cost circulars
- Above average skills in Excel, Word, and Access as well as other database programs
Preferred qualifications include:
- Five (5) years experience in related job duties
- Experience in workforce programs budgeting, financial forecasting and reporting
Apply online via: https://h-gac.com/careers
H-GAC is an equal opportunity/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer