Houston-Galveston Area Council Overview
Serving more than 7 million people in the region, the Houston Galveston Area Council helps local and regional governments, non-profit and for-profit agencies, school districts, and residents address issues that cross city limits and county lines every day in 13 counties, 107 cities and 11 school districts. Facilitating local government cooperation, promoting efficient development, and ensuring the safety and welfare of everyone who lives, works, or plays in the region, our planning and service programs span a broad spectrum from transportation and homeland security planning to workforce development, assistance to the elderly, 9-1-1 service, watershed protection, bicycle-pedestrian planning, and disaster recovery.
We are seeking a highly talented and driven individual to join our organization as a Financial Analyst in our Human Services Department. As a Financial Analyst, you will support the Area Agency on Aging and its $11 million system by tracking, reporting, and analyzing expenditures of our community and direct service providers. You will be the primary staff person responsible for reporting on provider program and fiscal performance and compliance, and you will participate with your colleagues in monitoring providers. The ability to understand and work with budgets, contract providers, and complex reporting systems is essential for this role.
The successful candidate will have at a minimum:
• Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or related field of study
• Applicable experience may substitute for education
• Three (3) years experience performing budget and accounting duties
• Above average skills in Excel, Word, and Access as well as other database programs
Preferred qualifications include:
• Five (5) years experience in related job duties
• Experience in aging programs and the Area Agencies on Aging Network
• Experience in conducting quality assurance calls and in maintaining records in the State’s Information Management System (IMS).
Equal Opportunity Employer