Houston-Galveston Area Council Overview
Serving more than 7 million people in our region, the Houston Galveston Area Council is the cornerstone to address issues that cross city limits and county lines every day for 13 county governments, 107 cities, and 11 school districts. Serving as an instrument of local government cooperation, promoting the region’s orderly development and the safety and welfare of its citizens; our planning and service programs span a broad spectrum from transportation and homeland security planning to workforce development, assistance to the elderly, 9-1-1 service, watershed protection, and disaster recovery.
We are seeking a highly talented and driven individual to join our organization as an Executive Assistant to our Executive Director. This opportunity requires interacting with the public, elected officials, staff and Executive Management. The atmosphere is team-oriented and fast paced. The Executive Assistant provides vital support to day to day functions of the executive office and assists with special projects and initiatives that increase our service to the Board of Directors and our members. Examples of work include calendaring, polling attendance for meetings, composing formal correspondence, booking travel, processing expense reports, preparing minutes, agendas and background materials for meetings, developing briefing packets and associated research.
The successful candidate will have at a minimum:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Business Administration or a related field of study.
- Applicable experience may substitute for education.
- Three (3) years of related experience in an administrative role.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to prioritize and meet multiple sometimes conflicting deadlines.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Business Administration or a related field of study.
- Five (5) years of related experience in an administrative role.
- Experience as an Executive Assistant
- Experience with Goldmine, Condeco, Concur, Novus Agenda, SharePoint and Autonomy TeamSite.
- Experience working in various program areas that serve the public and government entities.
H-GAC is an equal opportunity/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or protected veteran status.