EAST TEXAS COUNCIL OF GOVERNMENTS
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
East Texas Council of Governments (ETCOG) is a voluntary association of counties, cities, school districts and special districts within the fourteen-county East Texas region. We assist local governments in planning for common needs, cooperating for mutual benefit and coordinating for sound regional development. Either directly, or through our contractors, ETCOG provides programs and services for East Texas seniors, employers and job seekers. We also build the 9-1-1 emergency call delivery system, provide peace officer training and homeland security planning services; and deliver rural transportation services, business finance programs, grant writing services and environmental grant funding for the region.
Assist the East Texas Council of Governments (ETCOG) jurisdictions in the development and execution of plans and programs relating to Community and Economic Development, grant and contract management with government agencies and private consultants, and research for supplemental funding sources and grants for program activities. Addresses environmental aspects of Economic Development such as Solid Waste and Air Quality, representing East Texas at the regional level. Assists with ETCOG Home program initiatives as directed by the Housing program manager and team. Oversee the daily operations of the Community Loan Center (CLC) program of East Texas.
Detailed job description is available on our website http://www.etcog.org under the ‘Employment’ section, then ‘Job Opportunities.’
• Ensure regional Economic Development services, initiatives and projects are coordinated and supported throughout ETCOG’s 14-county region by seeking funding from corporate, governmental and individual grant opportunities.
• Perform research and analysis for special non-grant related projects to include analysis of financial impact and cost benefit, best practices and statistical and demographic analysis related to the project.
• Use raw census data for research and statistics for various grant applications.
• Conduct comprehensive studies, surveys and other evaluative processes to analyze existing and proposed economic solutions.
• Provide a continuity of statistics throughout the ETCOG region by conducting base studies and analyses of the region’s geographic, population, and economic characteristics.
• Ensure resources for community development are allocated appropriately throughout the region by attending meetings, scoring Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) applications and assisting with community outreach events.
• Assist with the transition from Regional Review Committee (RRC) administration to CDBG grant writing for ETCOG jurisdictions.
• Conduct site visits.
• Research grants for ETCOG programs and providing analysis to other divisions within ETCOG, writing grants for customers as needed, ensuring grant proposals are applied for and submitted on behalf of ETCOG customers.
High School Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, or related field of study preferred.
Minimum 3 years prior related experience in grant writing and research, public relations skills and knowledge of government programs preferred. Experience in a banking environment with the ability to serve customers and reconcile accounts preferred. Combination of education and experience will be considered.
Skills and Abilities:
Excellent verbal and written communication skills; excellent writing and research abilities; the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships; the ability to multi-task and prioritize work; meet deadlines; analytical and critical thinking skills are needed; high level of customer service skills required; excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels of staff, elected officials and the public.
Compensation & Salary Information:
• Salary Range: $45,000 to $50,000 annually
• Competitive Benefits package which includes health, dental, vision, life insurance and retirement.
Please logon to our website at www.etcog.org to apply online, you may also sign up for job alerts from this site.
Equal Opportunity Employer