East Texas Council of Governments (ETCOG) is a voluntary association of counties, cities, school districts and special districts within the fourteen-county East Texas region. We assist local governments in planning for common needs, cooperating for mutual benefit and coordinating for sound regional development. Either directly, or through our contractors, ETCOG provides programs and services for East Texas seniors, employers and job seekers. We also build the 9-1-1 emergency call delivery system, provide peace officer training and homeland security planning services; and deliver rural transportation services, business finance programs, grant writing services and environmental grant funding for the region.
ETCOG is seeking candidates for a full-time opportunity for a Director of Area Agency on Aging. This position will oversee the development and maintenance of a comprehensive, coordinated human service delivery system for nutrition and support services for seniors in ETCOG’s fourteen-county region.
Detailed job description is available on our website www.etcog.org/employment
- Provides executive leadership for the oversight, planning, development and administration of the Area Agency on Aging (AAA) and all its programs
- Provide effective and compliant program delivery
- Ensure financial resources are sufficient to support services for the targeted population of ETCOG’s region
- Ensure the management and implementation of programs and services meets the needs of the region’s senior population
- Actively receive input and direction from ETCOG’s fourteen-county region
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Public Administration, or appropriate Social Sciences is required; Master’s degree preferred; A minimum of 5 years progressively responsible experience in planning, directing, organizing, managing, or administering human services related program or functions (10 years’ experience preferred); Professional service must also include at least 5 years of direct supervisory or management level human services related experience.
*Salary range of $90,000 – $117,000 per year
*Competitive benefit package for full-time employees to include:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Life/AD & D Insurance
Review full job description and apply on www.etcog.org/employment
For additional questions contact: Brandy Brannon, Assistant Executive Director: 903-218-6417
Equal Opportunity Employer