The North Central Texas Council of Governments Transportation Department is seeking versatile mid-level Contracts and Risk Specialists to coordinate contract, procurement and risk activities for its transportation and air quality programs. Applicants with a strong interest in several of these areas are encouraged to apply: contract development and administration, procurement, risk management, and compliance monitoring. Applicants wishing to be considered for this position should apply online at https://mycogcareer.silkroad.com/. To be considered for any other NCTCOG position that may currently be open, applicants need to apply online separately for those postings. All submittals should include a cover letter describing applicant’s interest in the position, as well as a current resume.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Monitoring and investigating governing laws and regulations to aid in the development of policies and procedures, decision making, and other departmental functions
- Developing templates and project-specific agreements and amendments
- Facilitating the review, approval and execution of agreements and amendments with internal and external partners
- Supporting the procurement of consultants and other products or services by organizing meetings, compiling documentation, preparing schedules, and communicating with partners
- Supporting the development and implementation of the Transportation Department’s federally required Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program
- Facilitating the receipt of funding by assisting with the preparation and submittal of grant applications, coordinating with partners, and reviewing compliance requirements
- Supporting the preparation and review of information necessary for committee and board actions
- Monitoring risks to the Transportation Department by facilitating pre-award and subrecipient risk assessments, conducting desk reviews of documentation, and establishing mitigating factors where appropriate
- Developing and maintaining relationships with internal and external transportation partners
- Supporting the development and implementation of the Transportation Department’s asset inventory and monitoring of subrecipients
- Developing reports and other tracking tools for agreements, approvals, departmental compliance requirements, and other actions
- Maintaining project records in both paper and electronic filing systems
- Excellent time management skills with a strong ability to multi-task
- Strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Must be detail oriented and highly organized
- Strong computer skills, with intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Sharepoint and Access
- Ability to take instructions and work independently as well as in a team environment is critical
- Work requires broad knowledge in a general professional or technical field, which is normally acquired through four years of college resulting in a Bachelor’s degree
- Three to five years of experience – experience in public-sector contracting or public-sector procurement and/or experience in federally required subrecipient risk assessments is preferred
- Working knowledge of the Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards (2 CFR 200) as well as the Uniform Grant Management Standards (UGMS) desired
The North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) is a voluntary association of, by and for local governments, and was established to assist local governments in planning for common needs, cooperating for mutual benefit, and coordinating for sound regional development. NCTCOG’s purpose is to strengthen both the individual and collective power of local governments and to help them recognize regional opportunities, eliminate unnecessary duplication, and make joint decisions. Since 1974, NCTCOG has served as the Metropolitan Planning Organization for transportation in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metropolitan Area and is responsible for developing transportation plans and programs that address the complex needs of the rapidly growing area. The planning area for transportation includes the 12 counties of Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Hood, Hunt, Johnson, Kaufman, Parker, Rockwall, Tarrant, and Wise.
The agency offers generous benefits, a friendly atmosphere with open communications for cooperative decision making, and challenging opportunities. The environment encourages both individual and team growth, responsibility and innovation.
NCTCOG is recognized as a military-friendly employer and values the knowledge, experience, and skills acquired during your military service career. All qualified veterans are invited to apply.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee’s authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Job postings are kept open for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may close anytime thereafter at the discretion of the hiring manager.
NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and national criminal background check in order to receive an employment offer from NCTCOG.